FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just joined, and got a 07 Fusion SE, I-4, 5speed. Silver, with charcoal int.
I have read a little on this site, and got some info, but can anyone confirm that a mazda 6 shift knob will fit my shifter?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Welcome to the boards, and on the new car! I am not sure about the shifter however, but someone will chime in.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase!

Happy driving

·
Registered
40 Posts
As far as I know that is a question that has still been a mystery. I got the Mazda 6 (4cyl) full short shift kit with knob from TWMPerformance.com and that is a real gem compared to the stock throw. If you are at all interested I would look into that kit since it really is worth every penny.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, and welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Looking forward to doin a few mods to my Fusion, I just hope I don't get started and keep pushing it to the level of my truck, gonna try to keep it fairly stock

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome, Try Ebay, there are several ground effect kits for the Fusion..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why the hell would I want a body kit for my car? It's not a honda.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=layedcolorado link=topic=79779.msg1473942#msg1473942 date=1181411114]
Why the hell would I want a body kit for my car? It's not a honda.
[/quote]

I hate to say it, but have you looked at your truck? Many would say the same thing about your truck, but it appears you had a body kit installed on that. Why the hell would you want a body kit for your truck?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty sure I don't have a body kit on my truck. I do have an SS bumper, that actually sits up higher than my factory bumper. But it is stockfloor bodydropped.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=layedcolorado link=topic=79779.msg1475621#msg1475621 date=1181499797]
Pretty sure I don't have a body kit on my truck. I do have an SS bumper, that actually sits up higher than my factory bumper. But it is stockfloor bodydropped.
[/quote]

Ok, no kit, but why would you want to lower your truck! The point I'm trying to make is that people are putting the body kits on them because they like them. Most of the Fusion kits look nice and don't give it a "ricey" look. That's why people are putting them on their Fusions. We are quite aware it's not a Honda.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok. No hard feelings, I just alway get crap all the time about my truck being "rice" lol. Besides, that's just my play toy. I'm really diggin your Fusion by the way, the wheels really set it off.

P.S. My truck raises back up higher than stock :lol:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I like your truck. You should not give a hoot what others think of your ride, if you love your ride is all that matters. I say, "The Hell with the jealous haters".

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=layedcolorado link=topic=79779.msg1475661#msg1475661 date=1181502059]
Ok. No hard feelings, I just alway get crap all the time about my truck being "rice" lol. Besides, that's just my play toy. I'm really diggin your Fusion by the way, the wheels really set it off.

P.S. My truck raises back up higher than stock :lol:
[/quote]

Yes, no hard feelings at all. I think you'll find a lot of helpful members here. Thanks about the wheels. I really enjoy my ride and I'm always adding to the list.

·
Registered
817 Posts
MRC,

You have "molded velour dashmat" in your signature. Any pics? Where did you get it and how much? Is it a one-size-fits-all or was it made just for the Fusion. Got a Web address? I'd like to find something to cover the dash, to protect it.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Boz, yeah, I got it through coverking. I was going to get it through AutoZone because you don't get charged shipping and the cost is the same, but they were unable to order it because it isn't carried for the Fusion yet. I just went direct to the website:

https://store.coverking.com/

I got the molded velour dash mat. One of the options you can get is a cutout for the dash storage area. I elected to get the cutout so that I still have access. It fits perfectly and I have no problems with it. It provides great protection on the dash, especially in the hot Mississippi sun. The velour won't fade like the carpeted ones will. I paid 30 plus 10 shipping. They are specifically made for each vehicle make.

I'll try to get a pic for you this week...been kind of busy.

·
Registered
817 Posts
MRC,

Many thanks for the good information. I believe I will place an order soon. Boz

·
Registered
910 Posts
welcome!
aS FOR the dash thing I hate those things I just use a sunguard in the windshield keeps sun off the dash, leather, and wheel otherwise it;ll fade and it gets hot as hell!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: New member and new Fusion **update**

Thought I would update you guys with a quick teaser pic, two tone factory silver frost on bottom and 07 Mazda dark gray color(not sure of the exact name)
More pics to come this weekend!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Looks good...can't wait to see the finished pics. I don't think I've seen a repainted Fusion yet. I'm anxious to see how this turns out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.