FordFusionClub.com banner

New intakes in development

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  defacto_pr 
#1 ·
Hey guys, here we have been working closely with BamaChips and Explorer Express, and plan to introduce a new intake for the Fusion very soon!

This will be similar in some ways to the Steeda intake.

It will include a larger, machined aluminum MAF housing, and high flow tubes and filter.

We have the MAF housing ready, we are currently working on the tube/filter/heat shield.

We do plan to make this intakes for BOTH the 6 and 4 cylinder fusions. We expect that they will fit the Milan and Zephyr cars as well.

Hopefully we will have this out within the next few months.

We plan to retail it for about $199

Since it does have a larger MAF housing, it MUST be used with one of our tuners.

Also, we will need to find BOTH a V6 and I4 Fusion who would be willing to help dyno tune the test intakes. This will probably earn you a free intake when they come out, and an opportunity for some free dyno time. You would have to be willing to travel to Alabama for this dyno tuning.

Feel free to post any questions here. I may not have all the details right now, since I just found out on thursday that we are going to ahead and try to push this into production, but im looking to get some feedback, suggestions, and see who would be interested!

Let me know!

Bob
JusnesModified.com

See less See more
#3 ·
I just got the call thursday night that we are going to do it, and find some cars to dyno tune.

I know that the MAF meter housings are ready to go, other than that im not positive, but the ball is rolling!

#5 ·
Wow, finally another CAI option. Wonder if you will beat the guys over at K&N who can't seem to get one together :popcorn:. I would love to dyno for you but I am so far away. I guess I will just have to buy one. :dance:.

#7 ·
Ming, I always thought you had a 4 cylinder. You need to call up doug as soon as you can, hes looking to dyno tune a 6 cylinder and get started on the intake, let me know if you need his phone number.

#8 ·
I'm near as well. Pensacola Florida. You know I'll want one.

#9 ·
[quote author=Bob Jusnes link=topic=64738.msg1110370#msg1110370 date=1166358469]
Ming, I always thought you had a 4 cylinder. You need to call up doug as soon as you can, hes looking to dyno tune a 6 cylinder and get started on the intake, let me know if you need his phone number.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I've let Doug know in previous emails that I have a V6- but I'll email him again today just to make sure.

#10 ·
He gets like 100 emails a day, your best bet is to give him a call. PM me if you dont have the number.

#12 ·
Where do you live? BamaChips will be doing the tuning for it, so we would need you in Alabama for a test fit and dyno tune, if you wanted to help out. Im not sure how the MKZ is set up, but we will work on one for it as well if we have to.

#14 ·
I was looking at a kenne bell supercharger and was wondering if you could develope an intake/supercharger/CAI for the v6(I haven't looked at the i4-sorry)--point s/c toward drive belts(use longer belt)-put TB on back of charger and hook MAF and CAI inline to driver side fender-no cooler--run max 6 lbs boost-new injectors and SCT tuner in one neat KIT-super tuned and ready to go.I don't know how much your company gets into developing or fabracating stuff.But an idea. 8)

#15 ·
We dont get much into supercharger stuff as we really dont have the means or funds to do so ourselves, but we could certainly tune a setup like that, on the dyno.

Just talked to BamaChips again today, getting some specs lined up and going to start testing stuff. We are serious about moving forward with these intakes, so keep your eyes peeled!

#16 ·
[quote author=Bob Jusnes link=topic=64738.msg1111986#msg1111986 date=1166498397]
He gets like 100 emails a day, your best bet is to give him a call. PM me if you dont have the number.
[/quote]

Doug and I have talked via email. It's looking like I'm going to meet him next Saturday to do some dyno runs with your different tunes. He's then going to get a Steeda CAI and perhaps one of his own prototypes and we'll get together again in a couple of weeks for more testing. I'll keep everyone posted.

#17 ·
Yeah, I chatted with him today and we spoke about you, tried to light a fire under him on all the Fusion stuff, looks like all is going well with it.

#18 ·
Ming, weve got a Steeda intake on the way as well, to dyno tune it on your car and make our own steeda tune.

As far as our intakes, we will be using an oilless filter media, and we also plan to use a larger MAF housing than stock, to actually get some GOOD performance gains. We may be using the same MAF housing on the 4 cylinder, not sure about that yet though, will have to see how it does on the dyno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.