FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Mazda6 6 cyl 3.0. The throttle body is stuck. I know parts are interchangeable. My question is what year of fusion can I use & do I need 3.0 to replace part? My mechanic & parts store said 2 years back order. I know a little "common sense" maintenance, but clueless to this & being a widow I wanna know what exactly needed so I don't get taken advantage of. PLEASE HELP 馃檹馃馃

Registered
That is weird that there is no availability of that part for your car. They seem to use the same throttle body to intake gasket, but the throttle body for the Fusion/Milan doesn't show the Mazda 6 as another application.

Various online places to get OEM parts show they have it, but all aftermarket places (like rock auto, oreilly's, etc) don't (and if they did, it is $650-$750). Tascaparts shows it at $535 bucks, Amazon has a few sellers of it for around $625.

It looks like it is a hard to get expensive piece. I don't know much about them, other than stuck is bad, but is it due to an issue with the TB (they do go bad, many Ford ones of this generation go bad, but they are ~$100) and not just so gummed up it is stuck?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is weird that there is no availability of that part for your car. They seem to use the same throttle body to intake gasket, but the throttle body for the Fusion/Milan doesn't show the Mazda 6 as another application.

Various online places to get OEM parts show they have it, but all aftermarket places (like rock auto, oreilly's, etc) don't (and if they did, it is $650-$750). Tascaparts shows it at $535 bucks, Amazon has a few sellers of it for around $625.

It looks like it is a hard to get expensive piece. I don't know much about them, other than stuck is bad, but is it due to an issue with the TB (they do go bad, many Ford ones of this generation go bad, but they are ~$100) and not just so gummed up it is stuck?
Friend took old 1 off & used carb cleaner ran for maybe 1 hour. My mechanic had it run for 2 days then stuck again. Engine revs rpms 3k-3500. Floor gas pedal max speed 30...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Friend cleaned it, but back stuck. Found part at junkyard thanks so much

Registered
Hopefully the junkyard part continues to serve you well and didn't cost half the worth of the car (I would cringe buying a $600 part for my 2017 vehicle, probably make me junk my 2012...nah but close).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully the junkyard part continues to serve you well and didn't cost half the worth of the car (I would cringe buying a $600 part for my 2017 vehicle, probably make me junk my 2012...nah but close).
It was ALOT cheaper. $100 couldn't pass it up. They had it waiting on counter for me when I got there. I REALLY do appreciate the help 馃檪 I was tripping getting prices, or should I say the parts places were, lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts