FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back in the summer of 2020, I bought my first car after getting my driver's license for the first time... I'm 30, and autism has always hindered my ability to drive, until I started riding a motorcycle. Once I got used to the road and other cars, I went and got a proper license (check out what few crappy videos I have, TheGSRider on Youtube).

Anyway, I bought a used 2007 Fusion from Facebook Marketplace. One thing I noticed was that the heater core didn't blow hot. It starts off kinda warm, then peters out. I've taken it to Meineke and they flushed the whole system and core, and told me it was clogged. I've replaced the thermostat before that. Water pump is good, radiator is good... that leaves the heater core. I even tried flushing it myself with a garden hose and some CLR. The fluid that came out was CLR and water. However, I've never replaced one. Having to disassemble the entire dashboard is a daunting prospect (not to mention expensive, beyond my affordability). As such, I decided to try to get closer to the core to flush it. Originally, I went through the hoses near the thermostat and throttle body. However, I'd like to try again, through the ports in the firewall. The problem being they are near some AC pipes, as well as under the power steering reservoir and manifold, I'll have to remove both to even try to reach it.

Is there a better way to go about that? How difficult is it to remove the heater core? Will I need to take the dash completely off, or is there a shortcut?

·
Registered
22 Posts
did you look for a burnt pin on the plug? you just might have to bit the bullet and go to a dealer. Are you checking the plug with a voltmeter? Turn the heater on and see if the voltage drops off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you look for a burnt pin on the plug? you just might have to bit the bullet and go to a dealer. Are you checking the plug with a voltmeter? Turn the heater on and see if the voltage drops off.
There were no burnt pins. I have to get a new voltmeter. Which pin holes do I put the contacts in? What do I set the voltage to?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts