FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am Jason and I am new to the forum and new to Mazda. I recently got married and my wife has a 08' Mazda3 Hatchback 2.3L 5 speed. It has recently started having an issue on cold starting the car. Starts fine but when I give it gas it has a spit/sputter until the engine gets warm and then the car doesn't do it again. And it's mainly in lower RPM's. I have already changed the plugs, put fuel injector cleaner in it, cleaned every electrical connection just in case a sensor was throwing a bad signal. I am going to take it to a shop and have them look at it this weekend, but I am looking to see if anyone has any information for me to help point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
if it is particularly worse after filling up with gas, it could be the purge valve, which is one of the more common issues.
that being said, it typically throws a cel eventually.

·
Registered
2000 ford expidition xlt
2 Posts
I'm having the same problems with my 2000 Ford Expedition that came with a alarm system with a removable chip without that chip inside the car will not start and I'm having some trouble now with the car stalling after startup I replace the vacuum solenoid the IAC valve and the relays that have to do with the fuel system I would check those two relays first and make sure that they're working it controls your fuel pump and One controls your your injectors. Before I replace my fuel pump and fuel filter I'm going to check on this vtp alarm system and make sure it's not something to do with that but yes there is a purge valve on your fuel line but you can check out AutoZone just ask them for the tester and find it it looks like the air nozzle from your tire stick the pressure gauge on it and it will let you know if your getting fuel hopefully that helps you buddy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts