FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! We (my husband and I) took delivery of my Dark Blue Pearl Metalic Fusion V6 SEL back in early June. I drive it most of the time throughout the week - just a few miles to work and back. I love the car, except for the fact that I'm getting an average of 13-15 MPG! Our 05 Mustang GT gets better milage than that! From everything I've read on here, people are getting much better milage. Any ideas on what's up with mine? I know MPG will be lower driving in town, but come on, this low?

BTW, we painted the Piano Black interior finish the same as the exterior....and it looks Hot! :klavergreg:

06 V6 SEL Premium
Safety and Security
ABS/Moonroof
Dark Blue Pearl Metallic/Black heated leather

G

·
You have to let the car Break-In. Especially if it is Brand New. The longer you drive it the better it will become.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, I didn't factor in break in. It does have 2,000 on the clock though. I like the car, I really do. With better MPG, I'd love it!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Short trips are a killer on MPG. My Mothers Toyota Corolla with a 1.8 engine gets 21 around town. Try upping your air pressure to 35 psi and try NOT to run your air conditioner against the stop (60 deg) .

·
Registered
477 Posts
I UPPED MY TIRE PRESSURE IN THE CONTOUR TO 38-40 AND GOT 2 MORE MPG. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts