FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Christine I've owned my 2019 Fusion SE Hybrid a little over 1 month. Mine was Ford CPO and so far I love it. This is my 1st hybrid vehicle, 3rd Ford. I traded a 2010 Escape on it.

I have one question? Will a spare tire fit in place of the inflator kit? Once things return to normal (pandemic) I'd like to take some road trips.

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
Hi Christine. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club and congratulations on your new Fusion Hybrid!

I'm not sure if a temporary spare will fit in the Hybrid, due to the battery. Good question. If you lift the rear carpet, is the normal spare tire well there? If yes, then a spare will fit. If not, then no. Perhaps a second generation Hybrid owner will jump in with the definitive answer.
Keep in mind you will also need to check that the fittings for the spare tire hold down hardware are also there. So you will need a temporary spare, the hold down hardware, the jack etc.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I think it does have the spare tire well, there's a big piece of Styrofoam, tire shaped, in there to hold the inflator and the funnel for if you run out of gas. No jack though..

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
Hi,

I think it does have the spare tire well, there's a big piece of Styrofoam, tire shaped, in there to hold the inflator and the funnel for if you run out of gas. No jack though..
Hi Christine. Then you should be able to remove the Styrofoam filler and place a spare tire in the well.

A word of advice: You may want to test fit another temporary spare from another vehicle (before buying one), just in case the spare tire well is smaller in a Hybrid (again, due to the hybrid battery). I do not know if they are the same or not.

And yes, there would not be a jack, since there in no spare. So as mentioned earlier, you will also need a jack and the tie down hardware to secure the spare and jack in the well. Do not want them bouncing and rattling around back there.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts