FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fusion Forum members and guests,

The forum has been a lot of fun to read, and fun to check out other member's Fusions, Milans, and Zephyr/MKZs. To start off on the right foot, I'll try and post a few pics of my 2006 V6 Mercury Milan Premier. Hope it works! And hope you enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome. You hope love your Milan as much as I love mine!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, those two-tone seats match up very well with the two-tone decor inside, IMHO. I've had the car for a little over a year now and I try to keep the car as clean as possible. But sometimes that can be tough to do up here in Wisconsin in the middle of winter. The car rides beautifully, handles great, and is quicker/faster than my previous car, a 2000 Mustang V6. (Glad to have front-wheel drive back in the snow!) Yes, the rear deck is a little high. But that doesn't bother me because I drive a full size school bus for a living. So I'm used to rear visibility that isn't the best.

I plan on getting the PCM/TCM calibration updates done for TSB 07-2-3 in a couple weeks when I get my oil & filter changed. So far, zero issues regarding fit & finish and mechanically. It just runs beautifully. (Did I use that word already?) Sadly however, I rarely see any other Mercury Milans in town. I think there might be two or three other ones in town, but that's it. And the same can be said about the Zephyr/MKZ as well. And that's in a city of 70,000 people. Not good. But thankfully, the Fusion is starting to make a popular presense in Oshkosh. I see more and more of them all the time. Unfortunately, the Camry's and Accords are running around here like a swarm of locusts. Ugh!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. You've made a wise choice (the interior is very tasteful). After the factory ecm recalibration is successfully rendered you might consider your options regarding enhanced performance. A high capacity CAI (think Steeda) performance recalibration (think SCT) and larger exhaust (think Magnaflow) will transform your Milan. Visit: www.jusnesmodified.com for further information.
Happy motoring!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Yeah the milan is a very nice refined car in terms of styling, the two tone is nice. enjoy the car. I haven't seen but one milan on the road and the dealer has maybe 3 in stock. I've seen about 4 zephyrs/MKZs and the dealers have about 3 in stock at present. Now the fusion is doing well! I've seen about 12-15 and the dealers have lots of them in stock. The edge/MKX has sold about 2 that I've seen in town but dealers have a decent selection of those as well

I'd say you've taken care of the car looks good to me. I use winter mats really helps catch mud, dirt, crumbs and snow.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sweet-looking Milan. Enjoy, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for your very nice comments regarding my 2006 Milan Premier. I'll report back on how the TSB 07-2-3 affected the performance and driveability of the car. I did check out the Steeda Website to see what was available. The "Steeda Fusion Power Pak - V6" (Steeda's CAI & SCT Xcalibrator 2 tuner) and the strut tower brace all look like a definate possibilty in the future. But I do have some "dumb" questions regarding the Steeda Fusion Power Pak upgrade.

• Would doing these upgrades void my factory warranty?
    Would these upgrades cause an "check engine soon" or some other idiot light to permanently come on?
    Does the Xcalibrator 2 come with simple instructions on how to decide which level of tuning you should use and simple programming instructions
    Do I have to detune the car back to stock settings before each regular service visit?
I also would love to get a set of Steeda Sport Springs, and a set of lower profile tires and wheels. But since I live in the snow country of Wisconsin, I'm not sure if that would be a feasible investment. Any thoughts from you guys? Thanks again for your comments.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys. I just made an appointment with the Mercury dealer where I bought the car. It's set for next Monday morning to have the oil & filter changed, new wiper blades, and to perform the TSB 07-2-3 PCM/TCM Calibration updates. No hassle from the service manager!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Make sure your cruise control works when they finish the reprogram!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Those Milans are NICE looking cars! I like the 2 tone seats and the front and rear end styling. Ford did a magnificent job differentiating the Fuse, Milan, and Zephyr / MxZ. They all have their own unique exterior styling.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I NEVER see Milans in the Twin Cities. Curiously though, all the ones i do see are the same color as mine. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts