FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am a creative person, not to honk my horn, but I have an idea for the fog lights. I looked at a Pontiac G6 and I like how the fog light bezels have a sheet of glass or plastic covering the fog lights. So, I am going to see if I can get a she of fiber glass or any glass-like material that can be cut and shaped with a grinder and cut out out pieces that I can glue in front of the fog lights (once I get those) making it flush with the outside of the bezel. If anyone thinks it is a good idea also and have the means of doing it before I do, perform the mod and let me know how it comes out. And don't forget the pics.

·
Registered
596 Posts
that sounds creative and all... but one question, why do it?

·
Registered
476 Posts
it sounds like a good idea... only problem i see is the back around the actual fog light isnt sealed so you will end up with moisture and crap building up inside your new assembly.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses, but it wouldn't work anyway because the bezel curves, meaning the sheet would have to be curved. This is just something I thought of quickly without thinking of the consequences. The moisture buildup is definitely a reason not to do it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
OK, I finally read the rest of this thread - I stopped after reading the "I looked at a Pontiac G6 and I like how" part.

Thank goodness my Fusion doesn't look like a GM POS!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey all, disregard this thread. The idea won't work. I got another plan for my fog lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts