FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Nice truck. I had a dakota with a magnum v8 built in 1992 for my grandfather I sold it last year, great motor but the handling was crap and so was the paint/interior. MPG was pretty bad to

Great for going fast in a straight line (I drag raced it) and for towing which it did alot

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=79029.msg1455059#msg1455059 date=1180756953]

Great for going fast in a straight line
[/quote]

:lol: Well, when you get down to it, most of your driving is in a straight line except when you're making those pesky turns.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well my brother had a 2001 version of this truck with a flow master exhaust and it didn't feel that great in a straight line(4.7). felt like it need quite a bit more torque and wasn't good and down shifting. This was an full time AWD model and maybe that was a factor.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This things handles fairly good. Alot better than the mini van that it replaced. It also has more than enough power. Since this is the wife truck (at least until winter) i do not want something that spin the rear tires by breathing on the gas (like my mustang). As for MPG it will be about the same as the mini van. 15 to 20mpg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.