FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have a question i am thinking about getting new deck to replace my factory one. I do not know a ton about them but have installed them before in a few cars. One issue i ran into was with my wifes grand caravan. When i put a cd player in it the rear speakers would not work well with the new dick because they were amplified with the factory deck. (hope everyone understood that) So i had to replace the rear speakers as well. OK so down to my question am i going to have this issue with the fusion as well? Or will i be able to just put the new deck in and be done with it. For right now the factory speakers sound just fine to me so not looking at replacing those anytime soon. I am thinking about adding 6X9's to the rear deck lid but will get a 2 channel amp to run those.

·
Registered
221 Posts
with audiophile system ---> may have problem with rear 6X9s

w/o audiophile--> should have no issues with that.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=71175.msg1249777#msg1249777 date=1173120146]
with audiophile system ---> may have problem with rear 6X9s

w/o audiophile--> should have no issues with that.
[/quote]

OK i do not have any rear speakers just the stock ones in the 4 doors. I am thinking about adding 6X9s to the rear but understand i would have to have an amp to run those.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=71175.msg1250392#msg1250392 date=1173138668]
please read what I said about stock deck in:
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=69730.0
and what I think of speaker upgrades in this as well esspecially my second long reply:
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=70074.0

This respond back here for any more questions. I would also ask those who did rear 6x9s for opinions esspecially thereisnospoon.
[/quote]

Well i am not looking at the deck for better sound but hope i get that as well here is the reason i need a a diff deck i am going to be doing gauges and this looks like a good way to mount them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would first replace the deck and do your guages (very nice idea BTW). And then decide what areas of sound you want to improve.

·
Registered
71 Posts
One thing to consider for anyone with the Audiophile system - the rear 6x9s are 2 ohm speakers.

The front speakers are components (on the Audiophile or 6-speaker setup). The front and rear doors are powered by the headunit on all systems. The 6x9s have a separate amp which you can use with an adapter or by hacking the factory signal wires and soldering on female RCA connectors on the Audiophile. I had to do the solder route in 2004 with my Mustang Mach 460 system since the adapter harnesses were not available yet.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
keep the deck. Spend your money on a good amp and speakers.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=71175.msg1259429#msg1259429 date=1173500689]
keep the deck. Spend your money on a good amp and speakers.
[/quote]

Yeah when I changed out my deck, the factory speakers were horrible. Do your speakers first if you want to save some money. When i did my deck i bought new speakers right away and spent more than i wanted... but atleast its all done for now ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, if you have something to fill in that horrible hole that's created below or above the deck, then that's all fine and good. With my F150, I first replaced it with an alpine deck and equalizer that filled the entire hole. Then later I upped to a DVD with Nav. I just couldn't live with that hole/space/whatever that was below the deck. If you've got gauges to fill that position, then good and I want to see some pics when you're done!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts