FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the time has come... I've pretty much fallen in love with my Zune and I want to use it for the road. So today I bought a Zune FM Transmitter. Those are absolute crap. Some of the worst stations here come in better than that. So I've decided it's time for a new deck that has an aux. port. I've been looking at Best Buy for some new heads, but don't really know where too start. Is there a deck I can get that will still keep my steering wheel controls alive?

Any insight/suggestions would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
You got an 06? cause, 07's come with an AUX port in the middle compartment in the bottom, Alot of head units come with Aux ports these days, Im a fan of Pioneer's and Alpines, As for the steering wheel controls you would need to buy a PAC adapter, which from what I hear they work better for some companies than others. I have one for my Mazda 3, and works flawlessly on my Pioneer 7800, my girlfriend has one on her fusion, but there seems to be a bit of lag with her Alpine xda 001, which I think the receiver is catching interference somehow, I gotta try placing it further away maybe.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that man, but in reality its not a huge loss for you, the sound quality is terrible out of that thing anyway. It all really depends on how much you're lookin to spend chief, and where you plan to buy from, If you go with Crutchfield, they include everything you need to install your new radio (Wire harness, dash kit and instructions for your particular vehicle, and lifetime support) but you'll pay full price for the Unit. SonicElectronix I believe is what it is called, has cheaper prices and if Im not mistaken they also throw in all you need to install it , im not sure if theirs is only promotional or if thats always included. I go with crutchfield myself, may end up spending a bit more scratch, but its a piece of mind thing ya know? I can trust them, and if for any reason I don't like the stereo or just want a different one, I can ship it back to them within 30 days and get something, no questions asked

My girlfriend has this unit
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HiOP0RKrl8i/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=500IDAX001
Its a nice deck, but has no cd player, and is kind of pricey, with mixed reviews, but she digs it, in the end that's all that matters

I got this one
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HiOP0RKrl8i/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP980
Actually I got the 7800, only difference is I dont have BT support, which I also don't need, for my purposes this is a real solid deck, but im sure others will have their own opinion on whats good.

Some other ones you can check out
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HiOP0RKrl8i/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP590
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HiOP0RKrl8i/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=500CDA9885
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HiOP0RKrl8i/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=099CD3100

Keep in mind though, if you choose Eclipse, I dont think Pac converters work for that, maybe someone else can elaborate that better for you, but I believe Eclipse, JVC and Sony are incompatible with PAC adapters. Work great for Pioneer and Alpine however. Can't Vouch for other manufacturers.

·
Registered
359 Posts
you know what sucks about any aftermarket deck and using a DMP... only the ipod has interfaces with them. That means the ipod is the only dmp that can be controlled through the head.

Personally I only like aftermarket heads that are double din because it fills the whole spot up and they have tons of nice features. But again the downside to that is that you only need an aftermarket that has an aux in since you cant control a zune from the head.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might want to go with a double-din because it would look much cleaner.

Icestars989, thanks for those recommendations. I definitely like the one you have, but I might want to go double din. Eh, I just want my Zune to work in the car!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
no offense with cheaper double-din units... you really get what you pay for. I have tried a few cheaper ones before i bought my alpine and the difference is incredible. I had the jensen before the alpine... and i know some people like the jensen on thes board, but the difference in units was incredible. Again, no offenese, but it was like buying a Packard Bell computer VS buying an Alienware computer. Just keep that in mind when spending money on something that you use everyday during your drive.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I was thinking about buying a double DIN unit with NAV but after I saw the Ford Sync demo, I definitely think I'm going to have to give that a try before I buy anything. I know it's going to be deathly expensive but I really think it would be an awesome system to have installed in the car.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I want a double din also. I hate the empty space when you install a single din in a double din pocket. My factory radio is sh** because it plays s few songs on my CDs then stop, and it doesn't want to play burnt CDs at all. I am getting tired of listening to radio stations, and that is what's stalling me from shopping for subs. :party:

·
Registered
221 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=81994.msg1587786#msg1587786 date=1185458221]
I want a double din also. I hate the empty space when you install a single din in a double din pocket. My factory radio is sh** because it plays s few songs on my CDs then stop, and it doesn't want to play burnt CDs at all. I am getting tired of listening to radio stations, and that is what's stalling me from shopping for subs. :party:
[/quote]

That oesn't sound right; I play burn CDs all the time in my both cars. I would take the car to the dealer and have them look at the deck.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yep, that is what it does. I have heard at least one other person on here with the same issue.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If your looking for a regular deck, go with Eclipse. From experience they make one of the best CD players on the market. And they all come MP3 ready.

But I suggest you spend the money and get a dvd/cd player, either one that fits in or folds out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.