FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Fusion owners.

I've been lurking here for a bit checking out the Fusion scene while trying to decide what to get when the lease on my F150 was up. So it went back and I decided to get a Fusion so here I am 8). Picked up a SE V6 AWD, I was originally going for an SEL FWD, but my wife doesn't like leather seats and once I drove the AWD and noticed the lack of torque steer (plus it just felt tighter) this was the compromise. Not sure why I compromised cause it's MY car - she has her own, even if it is a minivan - but w/e, I know she's going to be asking to drive it all the time anyways.

so here it is:

sorry its a bit dirty but it just came back from getting the wheels on and I wanted to get a pic

wheels/tires are 245/45ZR18 on 18x8

only other thing I've done so far is a Ford remote starter, tint will be on next week

also planning on getting a tuner from Jusnes

debating on lowering but the HR kit seems like a bit too much drop, would like 1-1.4 inches max (don't need my wife taking out the oil pan :shock: )

also thinking about CAI and Magnaflow but this is a lease so if I can't see the benefit I'm not going to bother

anyways so that's me :D

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
how does the Ford remote start work? I was considering getting it for my 06 SEL but the last thing i want is a second remote for the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

Jaydez, the remote start I got has it's own remote although it's very small, just a single button about half the size of a standard remote. I believe there's also a remote/alarm combo available that would offer remote start/lock/unlock/alarm, then you could ditch the intergrated key and have a standard (but still PATS) key and fob if you wanted.

One cool thing about this remote start is it's supposed to work up to 1/2 a mile away. I know I can start my car from a couple hundred yards away and through two brick walls. It's a nice feature especially if you have ATC cause you're always at the right temp when you get in.

·
Registered
910 Posts
congrats! Good choice on the awd, much nicer than the F150 right? haha. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
195 Posts
8)Nice, ver nice wheels. Don't forget to tint those windows! That black leather gets damn hot in summer! I know! We were in Central Oregon last summer and it was about 85 degrees sun shine. Family went to get into the Fusion and yeeeeee ouch! I had my windows tinted the following week.

G

·
CDNFusion, what is your location? lol, we are putting together a Northeast meet, so if your part of the Northeast let me know

nice fusion btw

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very nice, the Dark Pearl Blue is my favorite color, that's what I want on my SEL, no AWD or sat. radio.
"doesn't like leather", don't hear that too often. As others have said, tint the windows.
Have fun & enjoy !!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Finally an aftermarket set of wheels that look nice (rather than gangster). Looks good. I love the blue (of course).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry i haven't had much time to post, didn't mean to ignore anyone

RymanH24: Unfortunately I'm on the left coast so the north east is out but if any of the socal guys wanna put something together I'd love to put on some serious highway miles :D

TastyMilan: the wheels are CoreRacing Evo7's from www.kaltire.com. Nothing special since it's a lease and I may not recoup my cost, but they look a heck of a lot better than the stock SE wheels.

I'll post some more pics once the tint and exhaust are on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.