FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:DProud owner of a new 06 SEL V6 with every options available.. I am very happy with this vehicle. Value, style, handling and quality. I bought from a "mega" dealer that had Honda/Toyota dealerships also. The Ford salesperson was so confident he actually drove the Fusion onto the Honda and Toyota lots and found a like vehicle. We compared side by side. Exterior panels, lights, fenders, hood ect all fit/finish was equal. Interior on the Fusion, plastics in some places were not as nice, but overall was on par. Fit and build quality of the interior was all equal. Perception is the key. It has been so drilled into our heads that anything and everything Toyota/Honda makes is perfect, no questions asked. The Fusion/Milan are a step in the right direction no doubt for Ford. I sure hope they improve on this design and don't just let it fade away. I don't claim the Fusion to be #1 in this segment. But I do claim it to be a very good contender, a respectable alternative to the boring Accord/Camry namestay. Get out on the net read other chat rooms and consumer reviews. The public loves this car, now the media needs to wake up and see that.. 8)

·
Registered
309 Posts
The car magazines all say driving a Toyota is pleasing but not exciting. I have looked at Camrys and find them unappealing - interior items such as the radio readout do not match the other backlighted items. Note that the Toyota which was advertising over 200 hp had to lower their rating to 190 hp when the SAE demanded proper testing procedures. They responded by putting in a larger engine.

Hondas are more of a competitive vehicle in every respect. However, a few trips to the Honda garage for "tune ups", and the attitude of Honda dealers on pricing, will wind up with a $5,000 to $6,000 price premium over the Fusion, which is available with discounts and cash-backs.

I believe my Fusion SEL V-6 is superior to any Toyota, and competitive with Honda, particularly when price is figured in. My experience with Fords - Contours and Tauruses - is that they are trouble-free for years.

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your Fusion.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics, How?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had mine for a couple of months but I'm new to the forums. Here's my car. Fusion SEL v6. :D

I'm open for suggestions. Next week I'll probably look into some tinting and magnaflow tips.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nice ride Congrats! :cheers:

Hope you're not washing that beautiful new car with that dishwashing soap that's in the pic.......not good for the paint...use a good quality name brand car wash soap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts