FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I changed the cartridge filter on an '07 I4 today. YES mine had the elaborate plastic cover under the engine. After lots of reading and SEVERAL opinions on and offline, I went w/ the WIX filter. Here's what's odd tho.... When I pulled the Motorcraft one out, I finally got to see what why ppl say that filter has METAL in it. It looked waaaaaaay better than the Frams (and in my opinion) the Wix. I'm pretty sure the world won't end b/c I put the Wix in, but is anyone else impressed w/ how stout the Ford cartridge looks? This is the same car company that skimped on a lot of other details. It even looked like it had better reinforcement INSIDE it. (and if you're wondering... I used the oem oil) So what do ya'll think? Opinions welcomed, gentlemen.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I thought the Wix looked great -- but I didn't look that closely at the OEM one. Bascially, it comes down to cost. Is the dealer the only place you can buy the Motorcraft filters? You can get the WIX ones at fleetfilter.com for slightly over $3.00. I would never touch a Fram oil filter. Pure1s have been known to crush/twist -- unless you can find one with the new center tube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.