FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i have my gauge mount all done and the sending unit in the motor so it is time to wire everything up. Does anyone know a good "KEY ON HOT WIRE" and "HEAD LIGHT WIRE" I was going to just tap into the power outlet i am taking out but that is on all the time so do not want to use it. Was thinking about tapping into the wires in the radio so if anyone knows what the colors are for the headlight wire and power wire that would help out. Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well hope this helps. Here is the radio connector and clock connector. I couldn't locate a dimmer wire on the radio but I did see one on the clock connector. If you would like a different connector or schematic view let me know.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=77455.msg1409774#msg1409774 date=1179185842]
You are welcome..I can get any schematic, connector face, and connector locations that you might need.
[/quote]

Thank You i think that is just what i need. Will i have the clock connector on the base model? If so that will be what i tap into.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=77455.msg1410094#msg1410094 date=1179192420]
You are welcome..I think the connector will be there. It will have a "dummy" plug on it. If not let me know.
[/quote]

Thank You again i will take some more pics along the way and do a write up for others that are going to install gauges i am sure i am not the only one that will be doing this.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=77455.msg1410094#msg1410094 date=1179192420]
You are welcome..I think the connector will be there. It will have a "dummy" plug on it. If not let me know.
[/quote]

ok sorry to bother you but would you have a diagram of the harness that is in the center console right by the e-brake and behind he shifter. Since these gauges are going in the console (replacing the cubby and power outlet infront of the shifter) it may be easier to tap into a good set of wires in the console. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You aren't bothering at all I want to help. Well I found connector C3245. Here are the diagrams for it. If you need anything else let me know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Slater, I have the same software as Cisco and I looked at it yesterday. I was able to extract a .pdf out of it (but not this connector), but I couldn't post it.

Anyway, long story short, I'll be following this thread and I'll try to extract some info as well, but I still have to figure out out to post the .pdf or convert it into a .jpg

I really wanted to make it work, cause I feel like I owe you one on the spoiler install. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Cisco, how did you extract the diagram as a .jpg ?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i found the floor shifter connector. It is a little hard to see. It located right below/beside the e-brake. But it should be easy to tap into. I think i can use it for my lights need to test it to make sure. I should have everything done sat or sunday so will get some more pics up on the other thread. That for all the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts