FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i ordered my Street Sceen Grills and not sure if i am going to use the ford emblem or not but i think the upper grill needs something there to break it up a little here is the grill i am getting what do you think about this badge mounted in the lower left hand corner of the grill. I would take the "4" off and just leave the "S" since the my fusion is and "S" what do you guys think.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It would be "unique", and probably wouldn't look bad, but some might call you a "poser".

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I think that would look good. The red background on the "S" would really make the emblem stand out. So what is others think you are a "poser". I never heard of "poser". Your car is an "S" model, so you are just putting a fancy unique "S" on your ride. I can see if you were to put "GT" ot "V-Tech" on there, then you would be bragging about something that you aren't.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=koreySE link=topic=82371.msg1537699#msg1537699 date=1183649660]
It would be "unique", and probably wouldn't look bad, but some might call you a "poser".
[/quote]

Ya i understand about the Poser thing that is why i would not have the 4 on it for sure. I think most people would have no clue it was from a audi S4 but there will be some that will know. I think it will look good. I can get it for about $15 shipped off e-bay so it will not be a major loss if i do order it and not install it. I was also thinking about the 2.3 badge from the Mazda 3. But i have that badge on the trunk already so think it may be a little over kill. Not sure. On a side note i just tracked the grills and they will be here tomorrow so i am keeping my fingers crossed i will have it done this weekend.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I like these grills, but I agree with Slater. It just looks like too much...it needs something to break it up. Can you mount the original Ford emblem on there? Just curious...not suggesting it. I haven't seen anyone put it back on there.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=mrc link=topic=82371.msg1538156#msg1538156 date=1183668746]
I like these grills, but I agree with Slater. It just looks like too much...it needs something to break it up. Can you mount the original Ford emblem on there? Just curious...not suggesting it. I haven't seen anyone put it back on there.
[/quote]

Ya you can and there a thread a couple below this one that show it. It looks good that way. But me being me i want something just a hair diff.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hey Slater, after you mentioned about the emblems on E Bay, I checked it out and they have tons of emblems. That is what I have been looking for. There is even a guy who sells overlays for the Ford emblem! You get to create what you want to change the emblem to. I e-mailed him and he said it is done with two overlays: one is a base color that you put over the Ford emblem and the second one has your desired design or word cut out of it. All he will need is the measurements of the emblems. I am going to try it. I hope someone else tries it before I do so I can see if it works okay. :lol:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=82371.msg1539377#msg1539377 date=1183730725]
Hey Slater, after you mentioned about the emblems on E Bay, I checked it out and they have tons of emblems. That is what I have been looking for. There is even a guy who sells overlays for the Ford emblem! You get to create what you want to change the emblem to. I e-mailed him and he said it is done with two overlays: one is a base color that you put over the Ford emblem and the second one has your desired design or word cut out of it. All he will need is the measurements of the emblems. I am going to try it. I hope someone else tries it before I do so I can see if it works okay. :lol:
[/quote]

I did see that yesterday as well. I went thru all 149 pages of emblems that were on e-bay last night. That took a little time. But i still think the best one is the audi enblem. The ford oval is good but just to large to put it in the place i want to . In the middle it is fine but off to the side in the corner it is just to big.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The "S" would look pretty good. I think that there is a grill for one of the German cars that has the emblem similar to that in the lower right corner. Rieger or something like that.

What about using the Ford emblem in the center, but instead of the blue background, change it to a dark color like black or gray?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts