FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Fusion SE 2.5L is not starting. It is acting like it doesnt have enough power but a jump box and new battery didnt help. Here is a youtube video of me trying to start it, 2018 Ford Fusion SE Problem.

And I will attached two documents that show the codes before and after I try to start it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only real code then is the engine timer code correct? At least for troubleshooting, I would try to override the smart start system. To do so you'll have to put the car in neutral and with your foot on the brake, hold the key or start button to manually crank the engine. That'll tell you hopefully if the car has the ability to run.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only real code then is the engine timer code correct? At least for troubleshooting, I would try to override the smart start system. To do so you'll have to put the car in neutral and with your foot on the brake, hold the key or start button to manually crank the engine. That'll tell you hopefully if the car has the ability to run.

Did not know that was even a thing, I am at work now but will have to try that when I get home. I will update then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

@BlueKoda Any idea how to get it to stay in neutral? It has a dial knob and the second i start to hold the button to start it shifts back to park

1 - 7 of 7 Posts