FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-
I'm coming up on some spare change. I'm getting a nav head unit.
The problem is, I can't decide which one to put in. It's between these:
Kenwood kvt-819dvd or Pioneer AVIC-D3
Both look like good ones. My friend told me to watch out for the Pioneer because the potental glare. I like the double din though. Does anybody know if the Pioneer's face
Well what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I'm saving my pennies for the Pioneer too. I want a double din and I've read positive things about this unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, if you look on Crutchfields website, there is nothing but great reviews. And thinking about it now, the glare should'nt even be there because of my soon to be dark window tint. When you buy it, take a look on ebay for it. I've found it normally for $720.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Pioneer, and I really like it. The only thing (which could be a dealbreaker for you), is that you can't search for a POI by distance. You have to know what city you're in. Then if there are multiples, you have to look at each one and see the mileage. Kinda weak. But for the price, and if you have an ipod, it's hard to beat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got the Pioneer too, love it :D Ipod interface is pretty nice for this unit, only think I wish it came with was album art, but thats trivial anyway. What really bothers me is the Sirius interface, you get a nice big screen like this and you're frickin limited to one line of scrolling txt :angry: Its not the D3's fault its Pioneers PN2 adapter, they gotta get their act together on that one, but other than that I dig it. I dont have my VSS wire plugged into mine cause I have a mazda 3 and they are a pain to get to, but I dont believe the fusion even has a VSS, at any rate, the GPS is still very strong, very accurate. I havent had a problem yet with it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got a mazda 3, I only kick it around on this board cause my girlfriend has a fusion, and I like to see what people are doing with them for ideas, but I can show you a pic of it installed in my car if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The guy I know who installs car HU's for a living tells me that the Avic D-series units are garbage. He highly recommends the Z line, but he told me that if I came to him with a D-series unit in a box, he would refuse to put it in my car.

With that being said, I'd recommend the Kenwood :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
[quote author=icstars989 link=topic=79428.msg1575192#msg1575192 date=1185081626]
I can show you a pic of it installed in my car if you'd like.
[/quote]

Por Favor!

Gracias

Alex

·
Registered
311 Posts
i have recently just bought the Avic D3 it is a really good set up. It has so many different features. I would deff go with the Avic d3

·
Registered
191 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=79428.msg1587349#msg1587349 date=1185431280]
The guy I know who installs car HU's for a living tells me that the Avic D-series units are garbage. He highly recommends the Z line, but he told me that if I came to him with a D-series unit in a box, he would refuse to put it in my car.

With that being said, I'd recommend the Kenwood :)
[/quote]

Sorry to say, but that guy is an idiot, and apparently doesn't like making money either if he's turning people down cause he has a stupid Bias toward one line of equiptment. Sure the Z Line is better than the D line, and if prices were equal, im sure everyone would go Z line, for the same price would you buy an old Datsun or a brand new Lexus? the Lexus obviously, but seeing as everyone cant afford to blow 2 grand on a nav system, the D line is great for what it's intended to do, at it's price range.

Kenwoods are alright, they have a terrible interface, especially the model you were looking at Gonzo, the newer one's use Garmin Navigation which is top of the line, look at the DNX7100, the media interfaces are mediocre, but the Nav is where that setup shines.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Z2 is garbage in my book. 2G and the GUI is so freaking slow... WTF... Ipod + Z3 FTW.

Alex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts