FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bugs seem to be drawn to my car. My car can be sitting still and bugs come to it. I have even had some dive bomb into my car while it was parked.

I think the car washes I have tried may be leaving behind a sweet scent to them.

Other than the bug spray idea that has already been suggested, which might damage the coating, any ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that was what I was using. There is no scent listed on the label. So far I have tried a couple different soaps, but they all seem to be about the same with the bugs. The soap that I am using right now is suppose to help extend the life of the wax on the car. All the car washes I have seen locally, when you open the top and smell them, they all smelled at least slightly sweet. So I figure it may be a base ingredient that may be the sweet smell. When I rinse off the cars, I no longer smell it, but the bugs seem to.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Taurus (light green, gas engine) is in as dark a location as possible and my Fusion (dark green, hybrid engine) is on the front side of my house about 70 feet from the closest street light. Both vehicles have been having bug problems, but my Fusion does seem to have a worse problem. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Well, as far as my situation as well as yours, my fusion(white) sits close to a street light and i believe that the refection attracts all of the bugs, as for your taurus, i have no idea, is there a high bug population in your area?
cause maybe they are just trying to find some place to go and in the mean time committing suicide on your cars.
i really dont know, but i know what you are going through since i am going through the same thing

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live a couple of miles from the Great Dismal Swamp, so yes we do have a lot of bugs. But I seem to be the only one on my street that has this problem. No one around here has ever seen anything like this before. It does not matter what time of day it is, the bugs seem too attracted to diving into my cars. Even at the car show that I put my Fusion in a couple of months, other participants were noticing that my car seemed to attract the bugs that were dive bombers.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Yea you are close to a very bug populated place,
I dont know what draws them to cars, but i have this as well, i had my car set out next to others and mine was targeted.
I dont know what it is but you and i have the same problem, i really dont understand it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of my smart-allic teens mentioned that it could be that I keep my cars too clean for the bugs to leave alone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That I know is not the case. I work with 4-Hers and they are the smart-alecs that said it. My own daughter is not interested in driving. She is more into getting rides to avoid driving anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts