FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I like it on the front. Looks like too much on the back.

Edit: I like the 1st pic as well

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
Hi slaterracing! :wavey: Definitely on the front. I'm leaning towards the second picture, on the lower grill opening.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I think the first pic looks the best, the second pic looked good too, but made the upper grill look like something was missing, maybe just because you've already got "fusion" written on the bottom of your front plate frame.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The first position, definitely. Only a little bit, 1" or so, higher up on the grille.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Whatever you do, in my opinion you need to put SOMETHING on the front - that looks like ASS without anything there. IMO, the 3-bar grille is what gave the Fusion its cajones to begin with.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=84195.msg1587204#msg1587204 date=1185427920]
Whatever you do, in my opinion you need to put SOMETHING on the front - that looks like ASS without anything there. IMO, the 3-bar grille is what gave the Fusion its cajones to begin with.
[/quote]

Agreed it does need something. and i think i am going to go with it on the upper grill just have to hammer down the right location. It will help to break up all the open area. I do like the tri-bar grill alot. The reason i got this one is to make my car stand out in a croud. There are alot of Fusions on the road around here and after seen the new Taurus at the local dealer and it also has the tri-bar grill that kinda made up my find. Do not want my car looking like a Taurus :lol: .

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I go with the first pic as well, but I have always thought that putting a tag on the front of the Fusion interferes with the appearance of the grills (I am geometric, so I look at lines flowing together with no interferance). But, that first pic looks great. Thanks to you, I am constantly on E Bay looking at the emblems. I have yet to view all 200+ pages of them. :)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK here is another question for everyone. Should i keep the "Red" color or should i paint it with some gloss or semi gloss black paint. Was thinking if i do that it will not look so much like the Audi emblem. Or i could even paint it yellow to match the hawkeye plates. I am going with the badge on the Front of the grill for sure now just going over other ideas.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=smallbigtall link=topic=84195.msg1587905#msg1587905 date=1185461237]
Keep the red. It matches your brake calipers.
[/quote]

+2 8)

·
Registered
933 Posts
For sure put it somewhere on front. I still don't really like it. Most people will know it doesn't belong on there, and most will not kow that you have a Fusion "S" model.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=koreySE link=topic=84195.msg1588699#msg1588699 date=1185476215]
For sure put it somewhere on front. I still don't really like it. Most people will know it doesn't belong on there, and most will not kow that you have a Fusion "S" model.
[/quote]

The only reason i want something there is just to break up the grill. It look good plain but could look better with somthing else there. The factory ford badge is just way to big ( in my opinion) so i did not want that. I was almost thinking of ordering steeda's badge when i order the intake and TB spacer and putting that on the grill but then went away from that idea.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=koreySE link=topic=84195.msg1588699#msg1588699 date=1185476215]
[/quote]
:slap: Correction, most people WON"T know it suppose to be there. Most people will think the grill came with the "S" already on it because they won't see many grills like that. We only know because we are informed to what he is doing, and people will not care if he has a Fusion "S" or not. They are only interested in the way the car looks. I only have a shark fin and 20s and people think I am in a luxury car of some sort. :lol: :hug:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=xikillamikeix link=topic=84195.msg1590229#msg1590229 date=1185507377]
i love it on the front of the grille... where did you get that? is it adhesive or clips on?
[/quote]

Got it off e-bay. It stick with 3M tape. What i was going to do to attach it is stick it on then put more 3M tape on the back side so it more or less sandwhiches the grill between the tapes. 3M tape stick great so i do not thing i will have an issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts