FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody.. Came by to get your opinion on whether or not I should black out the existing chrome on my 2014 sunset metallic fusion. Only reason I'm asking is because of the cars color. If it was white or black I would blackout for sure.

Attached some pictures please visualize and give your honest opinion whether or not I should.

Chrome parts include:

Wheels - going 235/45/r18's BLACK
Door/Window trim
Grille
Tinted windows
Tinted taillights
HID projectors 8000k

Edit: got a database error when I tried to upload photos so I've attached links.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
I would. It would calm it down while adding a unique style not commonly found on the road.

But you should also take it a step further and darken the chrome around the windows.

Slap some tint, nice wheels, VG Sharkfin and fog lights to complete the look. And you sir, have one slick ride!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I do decide, all the chrome will be satin black. For wheels I'm thinking 18" VERDE® - SAGA Satin Black wrapped in 235/45/r18 Toyo PROXES 4.

And of course LED bulb swaps inside & out:)

It's just the sunset metallic is just a strange color.. I wanted a black fusion but the fiancé loved this color... Dammit. Sometimes it looks red, but other times it looks orange.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
I’m sorry I got a bit ahead of myself. I thought I read smoked chrome. Not just blacking it out. I personally think blacking chrome out = tacky. I don’t get why many people do it..then again remember the day of “euro” tail lights? (clear/chrome)

Those are nice wheels. They will match the thin lines of the grille as well. Solid choice.

LED bulbs aren’t all they cracked up to be. I personally don’t like them on the interior of my vehicles. I have em still installed inside one of my trucks but I only rack 1k miles a year on it so it’s no biggy. But I do admit that LEDs for the rear plate lights, side markers & mirror puddles is a very classy touch. LEDs for turn signals/tail lights is stupid and pointless (unless front turn signals need to be white to blend in with a cleared out front end).

I like the sunset metallic color.

Mine was ordered last week..so I’ll have mine in about 8 weeks. And it’s white. eh.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Also FYI, make sure you upgrade the headlight projector to an HID projector. If you throw HIDs in your halogen projectors you’ll not only have a reduced output pattern but you’ll also burn the bowls which will only result in replacing the headlights or at least projectors after awhile. So make sure you do it right the first time by saving not only time (removing the front bumper is a PITA) but also money as the halogen projectors use a different bulb thus meaning you’ll need to re-buy all new ballasts & bulbs.

Plus if you do it right.. you’ll get output like this. This is just my low beams. Evox-R projector direct replacement with the factory HELLA projectors. No idea on 2013+ models but if they use the same projector as in the 2010-2012 MY then you can just replace the projector by removing three screws. Super easy.

5000k @ 55w

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah I don't like chrome.. I don't know why dealerships still use it on EVERYTHING. I would either leave it and get chrome wheels, a d do everything else or satin black everything.

Jealous that yours is white! My truck is white and I mostly drive that so I can live with this strange color.

I would upgrade projectors yes. I have 8000k 55w on my truck and I love the blue'ish tinge

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Yeah I don't like chrome.. I don't know why dealerships still use it on EVERYTHING. I would either leave it and get chrome wheels, a d do everything else or satin black everything.

Jealous that yours is white! My truck is white and I mostly drive that so I can live with this strange color.
Yeah you got a good color. I saw one today and admire it.

Mine is white because it’s free :chuckles: My other fusion is silver, my truck is silver, my girls new car is silver, and the expedition is white. But I’m a sucker for metallic red. So it’s odd for me to have light colored vehicles. Funny how that works.. :huh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts