FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my leather seats from ebay and I had an extra hour so I decided to start ripping things out. Honestly, it's not difficult, you really just need a second hand to guide the fronts in and out.

I ran into a problem and I need help though. When I bought these, I didn't really think about this but the passenger side has side curtain air bags. When I went to hook these up and I removed my cloth seats (which didn't have side curtain air bags), I found out that the connector was different underneath the seat. I had to hook up the leather seat because I needed it in the morning but I need to know if this is a deal breaker. Does that just control the side curtain, which I didn't have in the first place, or activate the motion sensor for the passenger side air bag? If it activates the passenger side air bag, then I may be hosed...obviously, I'll have a similar problem on the driver's seat.

Can someone provide help here? I'm a little worried I may not be able to use these seats.

I started the car and the air bag light on the dash stays on. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do to make these work?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
No idea man. The seats you bought have airbags but your factory ones do not?

Did only one of the seats have an airbag and the other one doesn't?

I'm sure Cisco might be able to provide a diagram.

Mark

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=90267.msg1746837#msg1746837 date=1191041420]
Well that is a problem. I have a feeling you might have got hosed. I can give you wiring diagrams if it helps.
[/quote]

That may help. These seats are just covers. I wonder if I can just take the cover off of the leather seats and just put them on my old seats and reinstall. The only problem is that plastic cover over the airbag. I don't mind using it on my old seats and having it there but I'm not too sure on how that airbag thing works if I were to remove it. I don't want to start poking around with it. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=90267.msg1746808#msg1746808 date=1191039626]
No idea man. The seats you bought have airbags but your factory ones do not?

Did only one of the seats have an airbag and the other one doesn't?

I'm sure Cisco might be able to provide a diagram.

Mark

[/quote]

Both have side curtain air bags. My factory ones were cloth and did not have side curtain.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Can you replace the seat wiring harness with the correct one from the dealer or junkyard? Cisco is it feasable?
BTW-I know the covers can come off and be replaced. My seats have a TSB for seat bolster wear. It sounds as if they are going to fix or add padding to my leather seats and put new covers on. Just a thought. :D
Hope it works out for ya man. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=90267.msg1746837#msg1746837 date=1191041420]
Well that is a problem. I have a feeling you might have got hosed. I can give you wiring diagrams if it helps.
[/quote]

I don't think he got hosed.. he purchased a set a leather Fusion seats with airbags and that's what he got...where is the 'hosing' in that scenario?

Yes, he may have not realized the seats were actually different than his but that doesn't seem to be the E-bay sellers fault.

Sorry to hear that Matt, hope you can get them to work for you one way or another.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I would venture to guess that the cover is a part of the airbag itself.

That being said, I wouldn't imagine that the airbag would go off if the seat was in your garage not attached to anything. However, you might have to disconnect the airbag from the cover and just install that seat with the cover (even though it doesn't mean anything).

You will probably have to make mods to your seat AND that seat cover in order to get it to fit yours properly.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I'm not worried about functionality of the side curtain air bag. I just want to get the leather seats and have my air bags work. Currently, they don't if I install these seats. I could live with the cover on the seat too. I'll see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=Double Vision link=topic=90267.msg1747491#msg1747491 date=1191093880]
[/quote]

I don't think he got hosed.. he purchased a set a leather Fusion seats with airbags and that's what he got...where is the 'hosing' in that scenario?

Yes, he may have not realized the seats were actually different than his but that doesn't seem to be the E-bay sellers fault.

Sorry to hear that Matt, hope you can get them to work for you one way or another.
[/quote]

Thanks...I don't think cisco meant I was hosed in the deal, just hosed in the sense that I may be hosed about finding a fix. I plan on taking it to the dealer and seeing what I can do. Worst case scenario, I can get the old fronts recovered (backs are fine) and sell these two front leather seats or I can find two OEM leather seat covers for the front without side curtain air bags.

·
Registered
840 Posts
how much did you buy the seats for? i have a fully loaded sel, i could probably buy em from you.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah I didn't mean that he got hosed by the Ebay sellar just the situation he is in now. I think you should be able to switch the seat covers yourself with basic tools. I would look at both seats carefully and see what you can switch over without having to take things apart. You might be able to switch the seat backs complete and just switch the seat bottom covers. If you need any kind of instructions let me know.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright...I'm totally bummed now. I'm going to give up my upgrade project for now. The backs didn't even fit correctly. The brackets are different. Part of the front bracket for the back doesn't even fit correctly which doesn't allow me to line it up with the hole in the floor. On top of that, the bend is different on the bracket which causes it to stick up. Also on the bench seat, there's a cutout in the middle that runs almost the entire length of the bench that isn't there on my cloth seats. Needless to say, something you would think would have been so easy, went terribly wrong.

I'll sell these seats for what I bought them for if anyone wants to buy them. 350. It's a PITA to ship and I don't have the time to build a pallet and then run it over to a freight company...nor do I have the truck to haul it with. So, if anyone down along the coast wants to buy some black leather seats that should fit your 07 (I think that was part of the problem), let me know.

I plan on getting new covers put on mine. I'm pissed now...I can't let this mod beat me.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Boy, that project sure did go horribly haywire. Sorry to read about your bad luck. Who would have thought there would be so many differences between 2006 and 2007 seats?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Put it up on the FFC Buy/Sell area - who knows - someone around the corner might want 'em.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey mrc, sorry to hear about all the problems you ran into. That really sucks. I understand you dont want to ship the entire package because it is a pain. I was wondering, would you sell or trade the front passenger seat? I have a 2006 SEL black leather with side airbag and I am very interested in getting the folding seat. If you want to sell, I'm game and would pay shipping. If you wanted to trade so that anyone interested in buying has a full set of seats, let me know. I am VERY interested. Send me a PM (I tried sending you one but it says i am not allowed to send PMs??).

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey mrc..are you still working on this?? I have just completed step 1 of my leather heated power seat install and everything except the heat works fine. I will work on getting the heat active soon. I used new 07 seats and installed them into the front of my 06 s. If I can help you out let me know. I have all my wiring diagrams for my 06 and my hand written notes on this install.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In looking into this as I will be finishing out my interior with rear leather seats from an 07, it looks like you got an interior from an AWD car. The rear seats are different between the AWD and the FWD cars. Bummer.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Ok, so from reading this post, I got discouraged because I was planning on getting a set of used leather seats and installing them in my Fusion S. But, sback, you say that it can be done successfully only if the seats come from a FWD Fusion?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, make sure the seats are from a FWD Fusion. And since you don't have side impact airbags, find seats without that because the connector will be different because of the different pin outs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts