FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help, I'm new here and figured you guys are alot more auto-inclined than alot of people I know..

I need help finding a HID conversion kit for my 2007 Mercury Milan. Here's a few questions on my mind:
- Do I need to replace the headlights to use a conversion kit?
- It has the projector headlights like the escalades and stuff so I'm thinking a retrofit may be possible?
- If I put the kit in, do I have to aim the bulbs? The headlights seem good at balancing light on halogens, I'm wondering if its the same with HIDs.
- Is it any different installing the HID kit into the milan from the fusion?

thanks for help all posters :]

·
Registered
840 Posts
you already have projectors which is nice, although replacing them with actual HID projectors will get you a better output.

but for the most, you can just get a hid kit for your car, and use the stock projector in the headlamp, and it should be fine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I get an apexcone 6000K kit and install it plug-n-play in my milan?
Or do I need a kit that is matched to my car exactly...besides the headlight number

·
Registered
840 Posts
as long as you have the propper headlight adapter its fine... aka bulb type.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Radiant,

First of all, you have a really great foundation to start on. Your car has projector headlights. Other members have said that installing HID's into projectors produce really good results. You will have to readjust your headlights (look in your owners manual which tells you how to do this with simple tools) so that you don't blind on coming drivers. The plug-n-play kits are really user friendly and easy to install should you want to do it yourself, or really cheap labor as it doesn't take that long. To answer your questions:

1) You don't have to replace your existing headlights. With the conversion kit, you tell the seller what type of headlight bulb you need and they give you that kind of Xenon bulb. The base of the bulb has been changed so that it can work with your existing system. Sometimes the base is glued onto the bulb, sometimes it's a molded piece. All depends on who you buy from and how much you pay.

2) A retrofit is always possible but sometimes expensive and the result doesn't always come out as desired.

3) You will have to reaim the headlights because there is such a difference not just in the light intensity but how that light is projected onto the road.

4) If the Millan uses bulb type H11, then the kit can be switched over.

Just to let you know, once you have an HID kit, you can buy any temperature HID bulb, 4,5,6k and it will work with the conversion kit as long as the base is the same to plug into the kit.

Good luck with the mod!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks :] that clears up pretty much all my questions.. only is it easy to aim them? Is there a specific angle you have to aim them at?

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you read through some of the other posts, some members have gone to great detail to teach others how to re-align the headlights. Apparently there is a torx screw that you adjust and if you park the car on a level surface 25 feet away from a wall and lift your right leg up and turn yourself around... :klavergreg: Actually they say something about how many inches the lights should be off of the ground. I heard trial and error works pretty well too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts