FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm a little new here but have been lurking for a while. I'm trying to get the right fitment for my wheels and I'm hoping that some of you more experienced members can help me out.

So the wheels I'm getting are 18x8.5 et +30 with a 73mm hub. I want to get the wheel just about flush with the fender but I have a few questions.

What size spacers to do I need to get it flush?

In order to get the hub down to oem size, is that something I can do with the spacers or do I need separate rings for that?

Whats a good place to buy spacers?

The spacers need to be hub centric right?

Also, not related to fitment.... I want to swap my tpms sensors from my old wheels into my new ones. Will this work? Will they fit on any type of valve stem or do I need to get a specific type?

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm a little lost with this stuff.

Heres a picture of how my car sits right now. ST coilovers and the stock 17's without the hubcaps:

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try to answer some of my own questions as I get information, hopefully it can help others who are asking the same things...

So I'm not getting spacers, I just have to get hubcentric hub rings - for my particular wheels they are going to be 73mm - 67.1mm. With +30 offset I'm expecting the wheels to be flush (hopefully).

The only place I found online that has the size hubcentric rings that I need is 1010tires but their freaking expensive! $35 plus $25 shipping. $35 wouldnt be so bad but I think the $25 shipping is crazy, specially for a small pack of rings. I'm going to try to call some tire shops tomorrow and see if I can get anything locally first.

The TPMS sensors are a little trickier. So it looks like there are special valves for the sensors so I cant just go a buy any type of valve. I was hoping to get flush valves so they dont stick out of the wheels but it looks like thats not possible. Also, depending on which TPMS sensors are installed, it looks like some sensors have the valves permanently attached and some are replaceable. I'm not sure which ones I have. Also it looks like there are several types of brands and most of them have their own proprietary valves. I'm going to try to get the tire place to take care of this for me. Furthermore, it looks like some wheels have different size valve holes. I wont know what size valve holes I have until my wheels get here so that might also be an issue.

I'll update as I find out more info..

· Registered
720 Posts
I think the 2010+ have wider hips... :D

I have an 18x8.75 ET 35, it's close to flush, but still in the fender some. And I think +25 would be "flush" with the edge of the fender. At least the wheel, not the tire. 010CaliFusion has 18x8.5 ET 50 with a 25mm spacer, so 18x8.5 ET 25 and it's about perfect.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that both in the front and the rear? Just looking at my wheels now it seems like the rear is a little deeper than the front.

Also I'll be getting 225/45/18. From what I can tell it should give me a very mild stretch which is what I'm going for.
I think for now I'll just see what it looks like once I get everything mounted and go from there.

Thanks for the info 10sbmsport! I appreciate the help.

· Registered
684 Posts
This is mine with a 15 mill spacer and Stock 09 wheels and I am near flush. After I put my 19x8.5's back on it will sit perfect.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is mine with a 15 mill spacer and Stock 09 wheels and I am near flush. After I put my 19x8.5's back on it will sit perfect.
So with stock wheels that should put you at et20, if I'm not mistaken. Your front wheels look pretty good but the rear looks a little sunken in from that picture. I'd like to see it with the 8.5's. Looking at your picture though, I'm thinking maybe I will have to get some spacers after all. We'll see once I get the new wheels mounted.

On a side note, my tires came in today... I got a little excited. :cool:
BF goodrich sport comp 2

· Registered
689 Posts
The perfect fitment has been pretty hard to find on our cars. 10sbmsport and lyonsroar have the right idea.
Mine sits pretty well, but only on stock gt wheels. Best I can do now.
It might be jus me but my car has more play in the front than in the rear.

· Registered
396 Posts
Mine are on 18x7.5 rims with +42 and I'm using 35mm spacers. Seeing the space in the wheel well, I think 18x9.75 is possible but not completely sure.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks 010califusion & andrewdingemans for the comments, every little bit helps. I think andrewdingemans car is right about where I hope to be. I don't need any crazy poke or anything like that but I would like the wheels to sit flush with little to no fender gap.

Here's some updates on my progress:
So I found a local wheel shop that ordered the hub rings for me... only $15 out the door! However they could only get the plastic ones. I've read online about the pros and cons of plastic vs. aluminum and the negative thing about the plastic ones is that they could melt. However I don't race in my car; I have an automatic anyway so I'm not driving all aggressively. That being said, I touched my wheel today after some driving and it was pretty hot (Florida heat!). I figure for $15 though, its worth the risk.

I also went to a local Ford dealership and asked the guy if they would be willing to mount and balance the tires and wheels and swap my TPMS sensors into the new wheels. He said they could do it for around $16-$18 a wheel! I think thats just about what I want to spend! :) I had another tire place try to charge me $100 a wheel so this is much better. He also said they would be willing give me an alignment even though my car is lowered for around $70.

The only thing I'm waiting on now is my conical lug nuts to get here, which should be tomorrow. I also have to raise my car up a little to fit the new wheels but I need some help from my neighbor (he's got the tools). If everything goes well, I should have everything on the car by late tomorrow or Friday.

Oh yeah, and my wheels came in today!

· Registered
396 Posts
The slight stretch in those rims are gonna look sweet. i wish I had your luck getting the TPMS's swapped. the guys i was dealing with didn't want to do it, said it was too complicated to do LOL!

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks man. Yeah the first guy I talked to was a little apprehensive about it. But after I talking to him for a minute it became clear that I knew what I was talking about and he didn't, so he referred me to another guy who supposedly knew all about the TPMS sensors. The only warning the second guy told me was that if my tires were too low profile, the TPMS sensors wouldn't fit in the wheel, but after I told him all the sizes he said it shouldn't be a problem. I'm so glad that its all working out! I don't want to get to excited until its done though.

· Registered
720 Posts
TPMS sensors have fit in everything I've run. You'll be fine. The TPMS sensors just screw into a special valve stem from the inside. If the tech can operate a hex driver and a TPMS triggering tool, you'll be golden.

225/45R18 on 18x7.5 +44
235/40R18 on 18x8 +35
245/40R18 on 18x8.75 +35

· Registered
396 Posts
i was able to remove the sensors from the valves, but don't have a valve stem tool. If I did, I would do them myself.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The wheels are on!! I'm really happy with the outcome. I definately do not need spacers, the wheels sit perfectly. Heres some quick picks after I picked it up from the dealership:

Now I just need to adjust the height. I'm in my garage right now gettin' it done.

Once I get everything dialed in and get an an alignment tomorrow I'll try to take some better pics for you all.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Those are some nice wheels, I'd say you did a perfect job figureing out the right size.
Thank you, it was a lot of work getting it right.

I got the height dialed in but I'm having a slight issue. Even though the rear coilovers are set to the exact same height, the passenger side is 1/2" higher than the drivers side. I took it all apart again and double checked that the springs and perches were seated correctly and everything is tight, but it didn't fix it. Anybody else encounter this?

Other than that I don't think I could get it anymore perfect. I'm very happy with the results. Thanks to everyone that gave advice along the way!:grin:

Here's some nice shots as promised... enjoy (I know I am)

· Registered
2,304 Posts
Looks like Privat Akzents. Especially with that 18x8.5 +30 offset. 8.5 width +30 always look good on our vehicles. I ran that setup on my car. Privat offers a bunch of wheels with a similar width/offset and their wheels are reasonably priced. Definitely including their products in our wheels section.

Car looks really good overall though. Good job.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.