FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am in need of some advice and opinions on tires and wheels for my car. First off I own a 2015 Ford Fusion SE with 1.5L 4-Cylinder Ecoboost Engine in white with a 17'' wheel/tire trim. I have had this car for over a year now and I am looking to add some customization to it starting off with new wheels and inevitably, new tires. I have looked around on the internet and the wheel I like is the Ace Alloy Convex in Matte Black (heres a link: Ace Alloy Convex Matte Black Wheel 20x8.5 (05-15) 629-D704-DB-2085-FUSION - Free Shipping!). I am trying to go for a white and black color scheme and I'll soon be purchasing an official custom license plate that will come in black as well. This is my first car and I am not well informed on how everything works so I could use help from people that have upgraded before. My first question is if this wheel would make sense or even work for my vehicle. Additionally, I am wondering how much of a roll the *width* of the wheel plays into handling and any other mechanical aspect such as alignment. Furthermore, I would regardless eventually at some point have to purchase new tires as any car owner would and I am wondering what are the best options for my Fusion. I am not well versed on the tire brands and the seemingly endless options that are available. I am curious to know which ones I should consider purchasing. Any help is much appreciated and I would like to hear input on what I have written. I will for sure be posting more information and hopefully photos once I finally am able to add my customization. Have a great day, and happy driving!!

-Slater

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Hello all,

I am in need of some advice and opinions on tires and wheels for my car. First off I own a 2015 Ford Fusion SE with 1.5L 4-Cylinder Ecoboost Engine in white with a 17'' wheel/tire trim. I have had this car for over a year now and I am looking to add some customization to it starting off with new wheels and inevitably, new tires. I have looked around on the internet and the wheel I like is the Ace Alloy Convex in Matte Black (heres a link: Ace Alloy Convex Matte Black Wheel 20x8.5 (05-15) 629-D704-DB-2085-FUSION - Free Shipping!). I am trying to go for a white and black color scheme and I'll soon be purchasing an official custom license plate that will come in black as well. This is my first car and I am not well informed on how everything works so I could use help from people that have upgraded before. My first question is if this wheel would make sense or even work for my vehicle. Additionally, I am wondering how much of a roll the *width* of the wheel plays into handling and any other mechanical aspect such as alignment. Furthermore, I would regardless eventually at some point have to purchase new tires as any car owner would and I am wondering what are the best options for my Fusion. I am not well versed on the tire brands and the seemingly endless options that are available. I am curious to know which ones I should consider purchasing. Any help is much appreciated and I would like to hear input on what I have written. I will for sure be posting more information and hopefully photos once I finally am able to add my customization. Have a great day, and happy driving!!

-Slater
Slater,

As long as you purchase the Ace Alloy wheels with the 5x108 bolt pattern, it'll work perfectly fine. Nn alignment is not needed when you replace your wheels and tires, but it wouldn't hurt. It's needed more so if you were to lower your car. Depending on where you live and how the climate is all year round would determine the type of tire that's needed. If you're in a predominately warm weather climate all year long (no winter weather), than a good summer tire would work. However, if you live in an area that has winter weather, an all-season tire would be better. Some have ran their new wheel/tire setup in the summer months and switch to the OEM wheels/tires (or even winter tires like Blizzaks) for the winter months.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts