FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got rid of the car today, replaced it with this baby:

With my new job, I get to charge $0.65 per km, and given the quality of the roads into wellsites, I really do need a 4x4 with offroad capability.  I'll be doing about 2000 km/month = $1300 = free truck in 2 years.  Couldn't turn it down, didn't see the need for 2 vehicles, so that's that.  GM employee pricing + graduating in the last 4 years rebate = $6000 off sticker and 0.9% financing over 60 months.

I'll hang around, I'm not really into the "truck forums" scene.  All those: "How to lure your sister into bed" and "Poll: Do you brush your teath?" don't really appeal.  I really havn't been too interested in the forums the last month or two, I mainly just check out the senior member forum.

None of this "I'm probably selling my car, convince me to stay" shit.  I fucking did it.

·
Premium Member
12,854 Posts
4X4's rule my 2nd car is a 4X4 Montero Sport. I love my 3 but when it comes to having some fun driving it's hard to beat 4x4's.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
[quote author=Operator link=topic=27363.msg373381#msg373381 date=1124257261]
4X4's rule my 2nd car is a 4X4 Montero Sport. I love my 3 but when it comes to having some fun driving it's hard to beat 4x4's.
[/quote]

Well... 4x4's aren't exactly fun on ROADS... but they certainly are off.
I had a Chevy Silverado rental yesterday... I'd love to own one, but not as a primary driver.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove to work this morning across lawns, school yards, ornamental rock gardens...just because I could.

It actually is a fairly small truck and drives well in the city. It feels just as quick as the Mz3, but doesn't quite turn as well. Should be pretty good on gas (as far as trucks go), it's got an 3.5 litre inline 5 with 220 HP and 225 ft.lb.

I'm headed out to the field tommorrow, I'll take some pictures of the roads I use to show you how the Mz3 wouldn't cut it. I sure will miss it though...

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
That's a Colorado right? I've had them as rentals several times - not bad trucks. I really wouldn't want to drive one daily, but I'd love to own one as a workhorse.

The engine definitely could use some work though - it's powerful enough, but it isn't exactly powerful. Esp for a 3.5L.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Blitz, congrats on your new purchase. You've got what I consider one of the only remaining GM vehicles that doesn't look like someone flogged it for 8 weeks straights with an ugly stick. A guy down the road from me has a yellow Colorado that's been lowered... that truck looks HOT!!

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I hope you do stay active with the forum. Out of all the hate crimes you've committed, depriving us of your witty contributions would be the greatest crime of all. I, for one, would be saddened to see you go. Either way, I'm glad things are going well for you, bro. Enjoy that truck!

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
[quote author=blitz link=topic=27363.msg373593#msg373593 date=1124288764]
I drove to work this morning across lawns, school yards, ornamental rock gardens...just because I could.
[/quote]

and thats the best part about driving a 4x4. i used to drive a jeep liberty before the 3, it was a lot of fun driving through piles of brush that people leave in piles on the street :lol: i wanted to get a boxed steel bumper so i could take out garbage cans too, but i decided to get a 3 instead.

enjoy your new truck. :D

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=MetalCord link=topic=27363.msg373750#msg373750 date=1124298241]
Blitz, congrats on your new purchase. You've got what I consider one of the only remaining GM vehicles that doesn't look like someone flogged it for 8 weeks straights with an ugly stick. A guy down the road from me has a yellow Colorado that's been lowered... that truck looks HOT!!

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I hope you do stay active with the forum. Out of all the hate crimes you've committed, depriving us of your witty contributions would be the greatest crime of all. I, for one, would be saddened to see you go. Either way, I'm glad things are going well for you, bro. Enjoy that truck!

:cheers:
[/quote]

Geez Metalcord, get a room.

NO WAIT! I just realized I was on the recieving end of that bad mental image.  I'll stick around; so what if I don't have a Mazda3, I'm still just plain better than 98% of the members here.  I'll just become the resident ******* and constantly make comments about how my truck has more horsepower, and how FWD sucks. And someone has to be here to hassle those fucking condesending engineer wanna-bes.

It is a good looking truck, that's what first brought it to  my attention (And the GMC version is the Canyon...which I call Canyonaro :D ).  The Ford Ranger/Mazda B2000 hasn't been updated for over a decade it seems, all of the imports were significantly more expensive, and I really hate Dodge trucks for a reason I can't determine.  It also seems that everyones small or midsized trucks aren't so small.  The Toyota Tacoma crew cab is a huge truck.  And I really didn't see the need for a full sized truck.

So do you think I should tell anyone? Maybe I'll start a poll a la untouchable:  "If no body wants me to stay, I'll go throw myself off a bridge."

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
[quote author=blitz link=topic=27363.msg373853#msg373853 date=1124303434]
...which I call Canyonaro :D [/quote]

:lmao:

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
[quote author=blitz link=topic=27363.msg373853#msg373853 date=1124303434]Geez Metalcord, get a room.

NO WAIT! I just realized I was on the recieving end of that bad mental image. I'll stick around; so what if I don't have a Mazda3, I'm still just plain better than 98% of the members here. I'll just become the resident ******* and constantly make comments about how my truck has more horsepower, and how FWD sucks. And someone has to be here to hassle those fucking condesending engineer wanna-bes.

It is a good looking truck, that's what first brought it to my attention (And the GMC version is the Canyon...which I call Canyonaro :D ).

So do you think I should tell anyone? Maybe I'll start a poll a la untouchable: "If no body wants me to stay, I'll go throw myself off a bridge."
[/quote]

:lmao: :rofl: You see!! That's exactly what I'm talking about! Didn't realize you have the Canyonaro though... :oops: What a chimp.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bastard.

Note the period, not a smiley :D

Can someone photo shop a cartoon cowboy hat on my professor frink avatar?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
My father recently got the Tacoma 4dr and your're right, it's a pretty big truck, although the 'yero isn't all that much smaller looking from the pic...

Good luck with everything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.