FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is, We bought it 2 weeks ago and have added the following!

20% Tint All Windows
GT-HID 8k Hid Kit
Smoked Rear Tails
3D Carbon Body Kit
Eibach Lowering Springs
20" Wheels with Hankooks

What do you guys think??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It is the wifes car. Not sure what to do next, but only time will tell. Thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good looking ride man. I have pretty much the same setup just a different color. How do you like the road noise from the 20s? I hate it but I guess you have to sacrifice for the look.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not too bad, I used the 245/35/20 Hankook K104s. I honestly had not seen your car till now, looks very nice. I wont have the wheels long, just till winter. Be careful though guys, the 08 fusions have the banded wheel sensors in them, and they are no fun.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How did you smoke your taillights?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yea, those tail lights look awsome, let us know!!!!!!! :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg: :klavergreg:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took them out of the car and sprayed them using VHT Niteshades part number SP999. It only took a couple hours to do and it looks a million times better than the stock chrome.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Are your Eibachs making any pop noises on you?

Nice lookin' car man!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Those pics have answered my question: "How much clearance is available with the body kit and springs installed?" Thanks. How many inches is your drop?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
He got the Eibachs intalled - it's an inch and a half drop. Mine was right at an inch and a half, but we'll see what it is after they get the real tire on the car that's supposed to be on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What does that mean the real tires?? Did you have a dealer give you the wrong tire size?? The springs are the 35107.140 which is like a 1.5 drop. I have said before that I do a ton of dealer packages for car dealers here in kc. Most of our packages we do are the Eibach kit, 3dCarbon body kit, and a 20 inch package. We always use the 245/35/20 because they look and ride so much better, and they are not much taller than the stock size. We tried using the smaller size and all of our customers complained. I personally think this tire fills the gaps perfect.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah, I had a suspension mishap and the body shop at the dealership f-ed up and put a wrong tire on my driver front side. I've been having all these Eibach pops since then (the Eibachs weren't on prior to having the work done). Yeah, I know - what kind of incompetent idiots would do something as stupid as that? Really I have no idea.

Now that I caught the mishap, they're fixing it so I think it's going to solve mostly all of my issues. But, mainly I was wondering if you were getting Eibach pops from them being new springs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, none of the fusions we have done have ever had a pop, so I dont think that is normal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is totally not normal! You need to take it back to who ever did it and have them take a look at you car. I did mine myself and I have had not one issue. (knocking on wood)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, actually I installed my own with Abbot. I was supposed to have the car back today from them fixing their screwup. The wrong tire could cause all kinds of suspension issues, so I'm hoping that's going to be the thing that fixes me.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=90521.msg1754621#msg1754621 date=1191372694]
Well, actually I installed my own with Abbot. I was supposed to have the car back today from them fixing their screwup. The wrong tire could cause all kinds of suspension issues, so I'm hoping that's going to be the thing that fixes me.
[/quote]

I hope so, too, however I repositioning those front springs will be the actual fix of the problem. Since they retourqed the sway bars, that can't be the answer. Only thing left is a bad strut (unlikely) or the front spring binding somehow. The correct sized tire could help the "alignment" issue, however. Never good to have one tire of less diameter than the other on the steering or drive wheels.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will do it today when the wife gets home from work with it. Unfortunately I dont get to drive it everyday, I am strickin to the truck. It is okay though, it is a pretty nice truck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts