FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some got I got my new "GP Thunder" 8000k HID kit from http://hid-lights.com/ from $235.00 + shipping.
I know it's NOT the cheapest price out there, but for some reason I prefered buying hte HID"s from a legit website than eBay...

Shipping was pretty fast... I ordered them on Saturday night and received them on wednesday due to a train delay (according the UPS tracking system).
Anyhow, the instalation was fairly easy, concidering that this is my 1st time ever seing HIDs upclose and installing them. I got the HIDs installed in about in hour or so... and I am absolutely pleased with the results...

The Box...

Got the drivers side installed and decided to compare...

Parked the car infront of a wall to make sure it lights evenly...

Now when it's all done and ready... for the final shots...

Good light output, don't you think?...

Any Questions, Comments, Concerns?
Thank you for taking your time and checking in.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I still would love to see how they looked in person, or get a nice timed exposure shot on a tri-pod to remove shake from the camera. To me, it seems that they don't offer as much light on the sides?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
That looks awesome. I like how the whole area lights up. Great distance too!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=50252.msg795230#msg795230 date=1151675608]
I still would love to see how they looked in person, or get a nice timed exposure shot on a tri-pod to remove shake from the camera. To me, it seems that they don't offer as much light on the sides?
[/quote]

You are right swoop,
in person they look much better... and my old digital camera can never show that.. too old.
But i'll tell you this much though... when I drive in the middle (3rd lane) on a 5 lane freeway, the lights lights cover everything from lane 1 to lane 5... and I'm not talking about it covers everything 150 feet away from the car...
the light coverage start of all 5 lanes at about 6 or 8 feet from the car...

Indeed, the HIDs do have greater distance coverage which I'm really pleased with.
And to everyone who has been saying different.. here is what I say... the HIDs DO output more light onto the road... than th regular light bulbs hands down

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I am a headlight advocate, I really like to have nice lights -- but from the other things I read about installing HID's into a non-projector housing doesn't really yield any net results.

I need to get off my ass and aim my housing just a tad north...see if that helps the shortness that I feel. I should go test drive another one.

Actually, I'll be in Virginia Beach this week with my sisters twin to mine -- I'll see what her's lights up.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Guys: I don’t blame you for wanting more light in front of you but close attention needs to be paid to the low beam operation. To keep from hurting someone coming at you, the units need to have a definite cut off point and they really need to be aimed slightly to the right, away from the oncoming traffic. Do what you want to the high beams because legally, you have to dim them when the oncoming traffic approaches.
Try to put yourself in the oncoming driver seat.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I dim mine. If I forget because I am paying attention, it's up to the oncoming driver to flash me. If they dont, if I forget -- that's their fault.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True True...
thats why my light don't put out light above the bumper on the car infront of me (after adjusting it ofcourse)...
and as far as high beams... the only time I use them is when I'm comming down my street which is a couldasack and even them its very esldom just when people are standing in the middle of the street talking...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Heck, I use my highbeams anytime I can. I like to see.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=50252.msg886279#msg886279 date=1155599032]
Heck, I use my highbeams anytime I can.  I like to see.
[/quote]
Swoop, are you the same kind of people who would drive behind me on the freeway with their high beams on? I hope not.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Guys, dont aim your HIDs higher, all you are doing is just asking for a nice fat ticket. Or have an oncoming driver hit you on a crash because it was someone with sensitive eyes and they couldnt see because of your lights, so they lost control and hit you. HID's are great systems, but ONLY if its done right. You have to know where to install your Ballast, Get the rite housing for the HIDS. And aim them rite.

Thats why do a retro fit guys, do a retro fit. Its legal, safe and looks way nicer.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote author=MidNiteKnight link=topic=50252.msg925490#msg925490 date=1157074778]
Guys, dont aim your HIDs higher, all you are doing is just asking for a nice fat ticket.  Or have an oncoming driver hit you on a crash because it was someone with sensitive eyes and they couldnt see because of your lights, so they lost control and hit you.  HID's are great systems, but ONLY if its done right.  You have to know where to install your Ballast, Get the rite housing for the HIDS.  And aim them rite.

Thats why do a retro fit guys, do a retro fit.  Its legal, safe and looks way nicer.

[/quote]

I saw in your sig you have HID low beams and HID fog lights... where did you get both and what did you get?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=50252.msg886946#msg886946 date=1155620883]
Heck, I use my highbeams anytime I can. I like to see.
[/quote]
Swoop, are you the same kind of people who would drive behind me on the freeway with their high beams on? I hope not.
[/quote]
No, I am a very considerate driver. I don't do that. I once whipped out my 6 million candlepower spotlight out the back of my sliding truck window on a tail-gater, though. He had his highbeams and rollbar lights on, for no reason. That got him off my ass in a hurry.

[quote author=MidNiteKnight link=topic=50252.msg925490#msg925490 date=1157074778]
Or have an oncoming driver hit you on a crash because it was someone with sensitive eyes and they couldnt see because of your lights, so they lost control and hit you.[/quote]
So, if I have my lights on, they aren't gonna see me? That's not making sense to my brain, not registering. Also, because they can't see me, they're gonna lose control? They can't drive if they lose control.

-----

People need to be smart about it. I don't think anyone is going to aim their lights at the sky, as that would not benefit them on the road. Then, they can't see. I aimed mine a little more up, and it's great. Have not been flashed once. I even had a friend of mine drive my car and had me in her Mustang to see if I would be considered "offended' and they were not.

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote author=sternyy link=topic=50252.msg932650#msg932650 date=1157472053]
Guys, dont aim your HIDs higher, all you are doing is just asking for a nice fat ticket.  Or have an oncoming driver hit you on a crash because it was someone with sensitive eyes and they couldnt see because of your lights, so they lost control and hit you.  HID's are great systems, but ONLY if its done right.  You have to know where to install your Ballast, Get the rite housing for the HIDS.  And aim them rite.

Thats why do a retro fit guys, do a retro fit.  Its legal, safe and looks way nicer.

[/quote]

I saw in your sig you have HID low beams and HID fog lights... where did you get both and what did you get?
[/quote]

I have the McCulloch set up. But I did a minor retro fit set up. I installed the stock xenon bulb housing from the Lincoln Navigator. I didnt do the projectors due to my budget.

It controls my HID rays very well. It looks like an OEM Xenon lights. I only spent about $450 on the whole set up. That is not including the HID bulbs and Ballast.

$150 for a pair of Lincoln Navigators used head lamps.
$300 on a pair of Ford Fusion Headlamps (always best to get another set if you dont have a second car).

Looks good, cheap, safe and legal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=50252.msg932680#msg932680 date=1157472579]
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=50252.msg886946#msg886946 date=1155620883]
Heck, I use my highbeams anytime I can.  I like to see.
[/quote]
[/quote]
No, I am a very considerate driver.  I don't do that.  I once whipped out my 6 million candlepower spotlight out the back of my sliding truck window on a tail-gater, though.  He had his highbeams and rollbar lights on, for no reason.  That got him off my ass in a hurry.

Or have an oncoming driver hit you on a crash because it was someone with sensitive eyes and they couldnt see because of your lights, so they lost control and hit you.[/quote]
So, if I have my lights on, they aren't gonna see me?  That's not making sense to my brain, not registering.  Also, because they can't see me, they're gonna lose control?  They can't drive if they lose control.

-----

People need to be smart about it.  I don't think anyone is going to aim their lights at the sky, as that would not benefit them on the road.  Then, they can't see.  I aimed mine a little more up, and it's great.  Have not been flashed once.  I even had a friend of mine drive my car and had me in her Mustang to see if I would be considered "offended' and they were not.
[/quote]

No, what you need to understand is that HID beams and Halogen beams are very different from each other. And our bulb housing where built for the Halogen beams. But if you install an HID KIT to our stock housing, the HID beams will be thrown everywhere. Believe it or not, even to the sky. Next time you drive, stay next to a semi trailer and you will see that light hit all the way to the top of the trailer. That same light that hits the sky, hits the incoming drivers eyes. Some are bothered by it and some are not. But if you aim them higher, is like putting a 10,000 candle powered light to your face. HID's has to be done the rite way. Do a google on accidents and search on the HID kits related articles. Thats why the US banned them, and they only could be used for off road or car shows. Or if you do a retro fit or if the car already came with them.

There is a rite way to do things.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Swoop, correct me if I'm wrong here....

But MidNiteKnight.... Swoop doesn't have an HID kit installed...
I was talking about him possibly blinding other drivers with his high beams... NOT HID's

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Word. I do not have HID's. I do not see the need for the in the Fusion, as the beam projection pattern-array type deal has already been covered.

·
Registered
359 Posts
so i just need to buy a kit from above to use for my FOG LAMPS? I wonder what it would look like... might be cool while driving at dusk with the fog and parking lamps on but weird at night.

·
Registered
143 Posts
They look great. It makes the car look like a European exotic car. I will post pictures when my wife coughs up her digital camera. But on the fog lights, you dont have to do no retro fits at all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts