FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased new Fusion leather surfaces off of Ebay last year for $300 and am finally posting some pics. I replaced my cloth seats because I was tired of cleaning all of the lint off of them. As you can see the install was clean, but very time consuming. I must have snapped at least 100 hog rings during the removal of the cloth seats. I zip tied the leather. Still, the blood from my hand only matched that which was already on the foam.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were removed from another car, which was brand new. I purchased the leather from an upholstery shop which had removed them to install custom surfaces for a customer.

[quote author=mrc link=topic=82853.msg1547521#msg1547521 date=1184099449]
Metallicat, were these new or removed from another seat? I'd love to get some for my car. Thanks for the help.
[/quote]

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Larry! I think using zip ties instead of hog rings helped me to keep everything straight and smooth. I am happy with the end result.

[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=82853.msg1549593#msg1549593 date=1184170499]
That's got to be the cleanest install I've seen someone do. Whenever someone does that themselves the leather is very wrinkly. You did an excellent job.
[/quote]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Okay. The reason I got my basic (se... cloth... 4 banger) Fusion was b/c it was under 18 grand. I wanted a good car for a good price. And I LOVE it. But man... I never even looked at leather for these cars till after I bought it. Never even LOOKED. If I had, I prolly would've paid for it, cause it looks great. I like the way Ford did these seats. They look sweet. Sorry about my rant. Your car looks awesome. Great job. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.