FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have few issues with my Fusion. First, when im driving it sounds like the outside air comes in thru the vents. Second, when I start the car there's a noise that sounds like a boiling water coming from the vents. Third, theres like a knocking noise coming from the engine right after the Idle goes down. Fourth, my dashboard vibrates and makes popping noises. Fifth, there's a noise coming from the passengers sunblocker. Sixth, theres a air leak on the drivers door and I thought they fixed it but I could still hear the air coming in and Seventh I feel like I'm pressing my break paddle all the way down to make a stop and now one of my brakes is squeeking. I tell you I must of gotten a defected car.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sounds like that baby belongs in your dealer's service department. Is it new? How many miles on it? Boz

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just turn 5,000 miles and it's a 06, bought it at end of May. I just made a appointment for the engine knocking noise and breaks issues. The rest i could wait until next month.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I seem to have an air leak sound as well...kinda like from the windshield.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=67278.msg1156499#msg1156499 date=1169157085]
Screw that, it's a lemon lol. Get a new one.
[/quote]

I agree. Everything you described does not sound normal at all. I could deal with any one of those problems 1 at a time. Not if they are all occurring at the same time.

I would be at the dealership ASAP.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think im gonna trade it in for a Nissan Titan!! lol...well no I wish! The only thing that im happy with is that at least they reprogram the PCM...but maybe im just being picky on the breaks but it wouldnt hurt to get them checked! But i thought the reprogram would help the breakS work batter? But that knocking noise after the idle goes down is very noticible from inside the car! well i see what they said on saturday.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome to the world of Ford ownership! I've come to the conclusion if you want a dead quiet built like a brick shithouse car, buy a Lexus.Ford skimped on interior materials so all that hard plastic is going to make noises. If you want to drive a real POS, drive a Mustang, the ENTIRE interior is hard plastic. It makes the Fusion interior sound quiet.
Hey, at least you can still drive your car. Mine has been in the shop 3 WEEKS going on 4 waiting on a front shock. The threads where stripped out when it was taken apart. Ford has quality control issues (what a surprise) and they were back ordered. Then the shock comes in on Wed. and they packed the passengers side in a drivers side box!!!!! Meanwhile, I was driving around in a Grand Marquis getting 20mpg and finally got switched over to a POS Taurus. At first I was pissed but then I realized I've been essentially driving a free winter beater while my car sits salt free in a heated garage.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[quote author=Showtime link=topic=67278.msg1157794#msg1157794 date=1169227454]
Welcome to the world of Ford ownership! I've come to the conclusion if you want a dead quiet built like a brick shithouse car, buy a Lexus.Ford skimped on interior materials so all that hard plastic is going to make noises. If you want to drive a real POS, drive a Mustang, the ENTIRE interior is hard plastic. It makes the Fusion interior sound quiet.
[/quote]

I drive a Fusion, and a Mustang, and I get more cabin / int. noise in the Fusion. Yes, both cars are horrible for int. design, but cost effective, thus passing the savings on to you, and keeping them #1 in sales in more then a few car / truck classes.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Showtime,
Is that warranty work?

·
Registered
87 Posts
The dealer should be able to take care of all those items IMO, if you don't like your current dealer go to another, they will all honour warranty complaints.

I never understand why people complain of plastic interiors in vehicles, every car in the world is made of hard plastic interiors, some look better than others but they are all the same, expensive or cheap. If you want to see a lot of hard plastic try owning a new Honda Civic, I just unloaded my 06 Civic it had more hard plastic than any car that I know, yet people don't seem to complain about it. The fusion's dash parts are actually laid on a foam base, so they are pretty well made IMO, and not as hard as you might think. I don't think the Fusion's interior is any worse than other vehicles, and not prone to rattles any worse than others either. My 06 civic had more rattles than my fusion and escape do combined, and it won car of the year awards in 06.

·
Registered
55 Posts
@douglas307:

I seem to be "lucky" as well - approaching 10,000 pot-holed miles, and the car exhibits no rattles or squeaks. (Except for the dead mouse, of course, see previous thread for gory details.) :lol:

Passengers remark that this is one of the tightest vehicles they've ever been in.

No doubt about it, you definitely got a lemon there. You paid for an excellent car, and I hope you receive one soon.

Cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
10 days have passed and no updates. What's the status?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hell, when my passenger seat started squeaking, I took the thing in immediately. They couldn't find the problem until yesterday when they found the seat squeak was due to a seat track issue. I told them that they better keep it until they fixed it. Driving a stripped down F150 in the meantime, but I'd rather be driving that truck than my car. If it rattles twice, it's in the shop getting fixed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I wonder if Douglas 307 ever got his problems taken care of? Anyone know?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.