FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah dont you hate it when people talk on their cell phones, dont pay attention to the red light and smash in to your rear end at 45 mph. That happened to me yesterday. not cool. My trunk is no where to be found. It was pretty bad. Luckily none of my air bags went off and no one else was hurt.

The dude got a huge ticket... and atleast his insurance will cover my deductable if my poor baby is even fixable. This sucks :(

Boo...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Geeze, we have a wrecking epidemic going on here. Glad to hear you are OK.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I saw a fellow oxford white fusion driver who had hit someone with his front end. Sorry to hear it man, cell phones and cars shouldn't be allowed except when the cars are parked, I'm not even sure hands free use should be allowed.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah im sore but nothing worth medical... anyways i took it to a dealership that has a great collision facility... i think they are tearing down my car today to give the insurance company an estimate... i would have took some pics at the accident, but there was so many people involved (4 cars total) i didnt want to upset anyone or anything.

My buddy took a few pics of the police with his cell... that was sorta funny. who does that?

·
Registered
313 Posts
The other guy's insurance had better pay more than your deductible. They should pay for the complete repair of your Fusion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Make sure you ask for compensation for the lost value of your car since it is now worth less since it has been in a major accident. Fact is your car is worth substantially less now that it has been hit. I mentioned this to a buddy of mine and the other guys insurance gave him $2800 plus fixed his car. Not sure how that works in a no fault state, but this was in Texas.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i got to pay my deductable, but then i file a mini-tort claim with the other guy's insurance and they will pay me back my deductable.

It was about $7800 in repairs but it was all cosmetic damage... nothing done to the frame, engine and so on. The front fascia is completely replaced, the trunk lid and rear bumper is replaced and the side panal on the passanger side is replaced.

Too bad I have to wait for 4 more weeks to get it back. bummer.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like this thursday i get my fusion back. phew... i dont like the rental taurus i have lol.

·
Registered
477 Posts
[quote author=Texaswj link=topic=74441.msg1351367#msg1351367 date=1177031452]
Make sure you ask for compensation for the lost value of your car since it is now worth less since it has been in a major accident. Fact is your car is worth substantially less now that it has been hit.
[/quote]

My wife just tried that in WV and the lawyer said that I couldn't sue someone for the depreciation value . They stuck it in me hard. I'm still sore from it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got it back... surprisingly everything is great. like I said it was all cosmetic so no engine, exhaust, or framework needed to be done. It was just an odd hit that hit cosmetically so thats good.

what a difference from the 06 taurus rental i had with less miles. wow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts