FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I might as well give some useful info since I am an SM now. I didn't want to put it in the public forum because it could be taken advantage of.

As some of you might know (since my offensive PB&J thread was deleted) you can add polls to locked threads.

Also, you can modify your posts when threads are locked if you click the modify button to edit in the thread instead of the normal edit screen.

If a member who was being targeted (like greg) wanted, they couldgo into any of their locked threads and put offensive material in the post without mods or admin even realizing (unless you are notified when a post is updated.

Or the material in question, for why the person has been banned ar targeted can be deleted making it seem like they re being picked on.

Just something I thought you should look into.

Jason, get to fixing that stuff. :-D

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Great info. Looks like the admins can fix that. The best the mods can do at the moment, would be to moved the locked threads to the Deleted Threads section so no one else can access them.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Ehhh... I don't want to get in the habit of deleting all these posts. How many people are actually aware of these issues? Perhaps if Mods lock the poll themselves it will prevent additions? As for the edits - let's just keep an eye out on these threads for the time being.

Anyone with access to the Admin console have an idea how much work would be involved to fix these points? Hopefully it won't be a major code change.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip, Brian!

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I don't think they shold be removed/deleted. just something to look out for and keep an eye on. When you get around to fixing it I am sure it would be fine.

Jason is a programmer, right. He can add a quick statment to remove the mod button I am sure. I think the poll option is less of an issue because only the thread starter can do that.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
So basically, we should have ALL priviledges revoked from "unpriviledged members" in a single thread once it's been locked down? Is that what you're saying?

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh, I guess so. I don't really know what all the priveleges are, but it is probably a good guess.

I can help you test it out if you like.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
By priviledges, I just meant all the abilities you were refering to that anyone could use under normal circumstances. A demonstration is not necessary. Everything you've mentioned is spot on.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
lol i just happened across this thread. It makes me lol.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
i didn't know you posted useful threads in the SM section.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts