FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: Mods I didn't know if this was the right spot for the tread to go in so if it in the wrong spot then I'm sorry.

Well yesterday I was on my way to work when I just stopped in to get a quick harmless car wash. I don't like to go in car washes that touches my car due to what had just happen. My drivers side mirror is damage and now I can't really see out of it that well. The owner said that he would fix it himself but I told him no, I wanted to dealership to do it so I know that the work was done right and not half-assed. He was a little disappointed that I was going to the dealership but O well. I got two prices from the dealership that I got my car from and the dealership that is in my area. One had a price of 413.93 (The Ford dealership) and the other one had a price of 485.30 (The Lincoln dealership). I'm guessing because I went to a Lincoln dealership, the price would be that high lol. So I called the owner and he sounded a little pissed due to the prices that I got him. He also made a comment of, "What is it made out of, gold?" which made me feel that he is going to go back on what he said about fixing it. He told be that he was going to car around to a few places to see if he could get the job done cheaper even after I said that it has to be at a Ford/Lincoln dealership. I have a feeling that he is going to go back on his word and I would have to sue him for it. From now on, I dont care how bad my car looks, I'm just going to wait to wash it. A damage car thread cant really be called a damage car thread with out pics and as you guys know I like to have proof pics soooo enjoy lol.

Its kind of odd that it didn't take the whole mirror apart/off. All of this from a $4 car wash

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
Hi Knightrider. :wavey: Ouch! That spinning brush/cloth wheel musthave really caught hold of that mirror to cause that damage!

If the Oner of the Car Wash has a problem with the price, tell him you would be more than happy to go to the Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealership of his choice, if he can get a better price.

Then he has no out, other than completely going back on his word (which is still a possibility).

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is just one more reason why I will not go in a automatic car wash. People always make fun of me for not going in one but i refuse to. Sorry to hear about it. That guy sounds like hes going to be a dick.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I'm glad you didn't let him "do it himself." I've heard of some stuff that fixes the mirror housing with some kind of epoxy. I bet that's what the guy had in mind. Its a whole lot cheaper but it doesn't look that great. Hope everything works out in your favor.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Ouch, that sucks. At least your paint looks nice.. :lol:

My order of car cleaning:
-Self Wash
-Quarter Wash (only using the pressure washer unless its for the wheels)
-Touch Free Car Wash

I don't do brush washes, I'd rather leave my car slightly dirty or drive an extra 5 min or so till I find a touch free one.

·
Premium Member
8,779 Posts
Back in 2001-2004 I had a 1995 Blazer I took to the car wash. They knocked the mirror off and they promptly sent me to a body shop which had a new mirror waiting for me. They put it on free of charge.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another car wash knocked something off from my dads car and they had it fixed with no issues the same day. I know that this is a lot of money but its not like i'm make up those prices. I dont even want him to pay me, I just want him to pay the dealership and be done with it.

It was on Lapeer Rd in Lapeer. Its apart of a gas station but I forgot the name of it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=132526.msg2846462#msg2846462 date=1231298226]
He'll probably have a "use at your own risk" sign, up tomorrow. Good luck. BTW, how cold was it outside when you washed it ?
[/quote]
Hahahaha yea I'm going to go by there tomorrow to see if there is any sign work done out there. It was about 20-30 out.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi KR,

I too am quite sorry to hear about the damage to your car, the paint really does look good though.

Please keep up posted.

Good luck!

·
Registered
262 Posts
1.go to the car wash as soon as possible and take pictures to prove that there are no signs up. you will need proof of there not being signs when you go to sue him (if needed)
2. if you talk with him again record the conversation if possible.
3. get the estimates printed out and make copies to save for court.

you might get lucky and he ends up paying for it but in all likelyhood your going to be headed to small claims court :(

good luck!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
That sucks for sure. This is just one reason why I would never take my car through anyhting other than a touchless car wash.

·
Registered
910 Posts
damn that sucks. amazing how expensive parts for these cars. I usually take mine to a local chevron gas station there machine is brushless and cheap and from the testing I've read about brushless auto washes are usually the best short of a good hand wash (gotta watch what you or the washer does there to)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The owner agreed to pay for the damages. The Ford dealership ordered my mirror and it should get in sometime next week. Since my car is going in for that, I'm going to have them fix the two TSBs out too. Everything is going to work out well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.