FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

I had a great run on the weekend. Going up and around mountains. Some long striaght-aways and lots of twisties. My driving experience, was the "RING" in Deutschland. My Fusion 6 down-shifted great uphills and engaged to highter gears without any hesitation. I did get challenged by a new 4 door honda civic and newer Suv's HONDA-ACURA-TOY thru some twisties and steep hills. My car had no problem with torque or top end. The 6peed is a great crusier with the low revs.. Reminds me of my buddy's 928s-One geat highway car.

To be honest, I think the maj. of drivers when getting passed couldn't believe it was a Fusion.
The only upgrade I did was the 1st PCM upgrade & K&N-filter. Also Mobil reg. IMO-gives me the most mpg. and pull for the car.

I just wanted to give some positive feedback of our cars. If anything, Ford should consider twin-turboing the 3.0 6cyl. just like BMW.

Max

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Max,

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the post, it's great to know the Fusion can hold it's own against the best of the world.

Happy driving

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....

I have just over 10,000 miles on her...And I never get on it. But, the Taconic Pkwy, upstate N.Y. was a blast from NYC. This is one fun car.

PLUS-my mpg. didn't suffer as much--over 28mpg.

Max.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=fusion9 link=topic=86089.msg1635214#msg1635214 date=1187011566]
Greetings:

I had a great run on the weekend. Going up and around mountains. Some long striaght-aways and lots of twisties. My driving experience, was the "RING" in Deutschland. My Fusion 6 down-shifted great uphills and engaged to highter gears without any hesitation. I did get challenged by a new 4 door honda civic and newer Suv's HONDA-ACURA-TOY thru some twisties and steep hills. My car had no problem with torque or top end. The 6peed is a great crusier with the low revs.. Reminds me of my buddy's 928s-One geat highway car.

To be honest, I think the maj. of drivers when getting passed couldn't believe it was a Fusion.
The only upgrade I did was the 1st PCM upgrade & K&N-filter. Also Mobil reg. IMO-gives me the most mpg. and pull for the car.

I just wanted to give some positive feedback of our cars. If anything, Ford should consider twin-turboing the 3.0 6cyl. just like BMW.

Max
[/quote]That would be nice!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I like driving through the twisties too, I go to Auburn, Ca and take the sr49 pass down to the american fork on the way to cool, ca and then go back. there is a ton of switch backs and stuff but the only thing that sucks is you can only pass on the run outs and they're only on the uphill lanes and there's only one per side so you have to pass as many cars as you can before the passing lane closes and there is usually a lot of slow trafiic that gets in the way of fun.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[quote author=Nr9 link=topic=86089.msg1637876#msg1637876 date=1187067290]
well the duratec 30 is turbocharged in the noble M15 to 455hp
[/quote]

Wow - I just saw that - I need to get my hands on that Turbo!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greetings:

First, I like to say i don't race on the streets. Save it for the track. I left work in the early evening at JFK. I make my usual drive 20-30mph past 3-4 stop lights. I was being tracked or trailed by a new BMW X5-V8 from 15-20yrds back. I am very familiar with this suv. I was at a BMW PROMO. drinving this suv around a short track. Well, lets get to the chase.

I was waiting at the light and the light turns green. BMW is behind me. I make my left turn driving approx-10-15mph. in the R-lane leading into 1/4 straightaway. He is still behind me,(i know whatz hez iz sinking about) all in front of me is CLEAR. I hear his engine GUN IT. He moves to the left-lane, not side by side. He is 2 car lengths behind give or take-L-lane. F-that, I only went 3/4 down on the pedal. He did not gain on me-(even though he has the top end.) A curve was coming up- at the time i was doing approx-95-100mph. I checked my mirror he is behing me-R-lane-for that curve. Well- traffic came up-and that was that...I got no reaction after, we were side by side in slow traffic. Oh-there was a smirk on my face. K&N fliter & PCM tune only....

PROST!!!

Max

1 - 9 of 9 Posts