FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my XC2 tuner today from Bob and am looking forward to trying it out! He sent me a dyno sheet of a 2.3 Ranger in which they pulled 20 ft-lbs of torque and 14 hp at the rear wheels using an 87 octane tune (those aren't PEAK numbers). Peak difference on the Ranger was only about a 5hp / 5ft-lb torque gain. But the sheet showed a very nice increase in torque at low rpm's (almost 30 ft-lbs more at the start of the dyno pull at 2400 rpm with the 87 tune). The gains are around 20 ft-lbs until the engine reaches the higher rpm range and then the difference is not as great. He hasn't put a Fusion on the dyno but he is confident that he can provide exactly the right calibration for my car. I ordered mine with 87, 91, and 93 octane programs. I will hopefully have it loaded by the end of the week and be able to provide feedback. I wanted something that could provide at least a 10% increase in torque, especially down low, and it seems like this is most economical and best way to go.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I know that you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase!! On a manual, you wont get the benefit from the shift improvements, but you will feel the power. Dollar for dollar, this is the best mod you can do, aside from forced induction.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I am glad that someone else is going to go this route!

I have a tuner from Bob on the 3.0 V6 and it made a world of difference.

Congratulations on your purchase!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I am looking forward to it!

[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=47776.msg743114#msg743114 date=1148942699]
I am glad that someone else is going to go this route!

I have a tuner from Bob on the 3.0 V6 and it made a world of difference.

Congratulations on your purchase!
[/quote]

·
Registered
580 Posts
[quote author=Bob Jusnes link=topic=47776.msg742999#msg742999 date=1148938402]
I know that you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase!!  On a manual, you wont get the benefit from the shift improvements, but you will feel the power.  Dollar for dollar, this is the best mod you can do, aside from forced induction.
[/quote]

Bob: Where I live, it gets pretty hot in the summer (110/115 deg.). If I load the car down and use the air conditioning, how will the 87 tune do in the detonation department? I have a 2.3 I-4 Automatic, in a Milan.
We also have some hard mountainous climbs. Will I have to step up on the fuel octane?

·
Registered
440 Posts
We have tuned MANY vehicles for the climate you are in, in fact, some people have to come to us for their mustang stuff because other tuners couldnt get it to run right in those temps. Ive talked to Doug at BamaChips and he assures me that you wont experience spark knock. If you do, your vehicle has an engine knock sensor which will retard the timing. If you DO experience some spark knock, its a matter of letting us know and we will have a new tune out to you within a day or 2.

As far as the octane, we do have an 87 performance tune which is very popular. There is never any NEED to step up to a higher octane, unless you want more power. In most of the cars we have done, they have experienced higher fuel mileage using higher octane fuel, so much, in fact, that it outweighs the extra cost of the fuel. So youll get more power AND better mileage in most cases.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Starting today, I'm changing from the 93 octane fuel/tune to run the 87 fuel/tune.

I've ran the 93 tune for about 4-5 fill-ups now, and I feel that I have a pretty good "average" on that tune. I will do the same for the 87, and post my results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts