FordFusionClub.com banner

Mustang Shelby GT

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  larryinfl 
#1 ·
Looked at a Shelby while getting my oil changed Saturday. $45K, and NO power seat for the passenger. What's up with that?!

#2 ·
When I was car shopping, I was really close to buying a regular Mustang GT. When the salesman was showing me what they had in stock, he said straight up that the Shelby GT is way overpriced and not worth it whatsoever. It only has modest performance upgrades and the new aesthetics, while not bad, aren't the greatest. If you don't want a standard GT, I think the new Bullitt is worth the $31k (i think) price tag.

#5 ·
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=111729.msg2313413#msg2313413 date=1210777231]
I think nuowner is talking about the Shelby GT, not the GT500. I think the GT500 is godly, although I can't decide if I'd rather have that or a Roush Stage 3. I'm not a big fan of Corvettes at all.
[/quote]

LOL, I thought they were the same thing. I can't keep up with all the Mustang variations anymore.

#7 ·
[quote author=Nuowner link=topic=111729.msg2316756#msg2316756 date=1210871458]
You can get a power passenger seat in the Crown Vic for a helluva lot less dough than they want for the Shelby. I just don't understand why they'd leave that off.
[/quote]

I really doubt 99.9% of the people who would consider buying that car would even care about power passenger seats and some other creature comforts. It's a pony car, not a luxury car.

Odd omission, sure, but Ford probably realizes it's a non-issue most of the time.

#10 ·
i have driven an 06 stage 3 and it was a great car. I autocross with the owner. He had a GT500 on order and was down at Road America and watch the Stage 3 cars walk all over the new GT500 and for less money. So he cancled it order and got a Stage 3 that was on the dealers lot. In a drag race the GT500 is going to win but if you toss a corner in there the Roush is going to walk all over it.

#11 ·
I viewed an 07 Shelby on the showroom floor while I was getting my car fixed at the dealership last month. I fell in love with it, but the price made me turn my nose. That is why I plan to get a Mustang GT and fill with it with the aftermarket parts that make the Shelby look so nice.

#13 ·
I have to agree that all those cars are over priced. I would much rather buy a stock GT and add a badass supercharger to it, and the loudest exhaust money could buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.