FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There, has anyone compared the 2 systems, which do you like better ?
My 2001 Mustang GT Mach 460 was about OK, not great by any means ( the Nassar tenure, leather & paint quality SUCKED as well ), but my 2004 GT Mach 460 is OUTSTANDING :D, one of the best factory systems I've ever heard / owned. I only buy Ford ( maybe a Mazda 6s Grand Touring upcoming).
Thinking about a loaded 3.0 SEL with Audiophile system, how does it compare to the stock / basic Fusin system ? Any & all help would be appreciated.
Not interested in doing an aftermarket system, what is the best you can get from a Ford factory system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know that a lot of guys (and girls) on this forum have said that "all factory radio's suck". However, I have the Audiophile system and I think it sounds great. It's got a nice amount of treble and bass that can obviously be adjusted to fit your needs. There are three different sound settings to adjust depending on who is riding in your car (Driver, Rear, or All Seats)(I usually leave mine on driver because I am the only one in the car) A friend of mine just spent $1800 to put an Alpine unit with 2 10" subs in the trunk as well as replacing all of the door speakers in his Mazda 3, and I think the Audiophile sounds much better than that for a fraction of the price. Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Everyone has a different standard for listening to music. I have a friend who bought a cheap aftermarket head and sub, turned the bass and treble all the way up and thought it was awsome... It sounded like playing an acoustic guitar through an amp with the distortion all the way up. HORRIBLE. But he thought it was great, because he couldnt appreciate what a quality system sounded like.

Personally, spending $450 for 6x9 subs, RDS and listening position settings (which is just the balance and fade preset to certain places) is a waste. Save the $450 and spend it speaker upgrades or a nice sub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts