FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says; I was wondering how those lower side stripes that the Mustang has had for years would look on a Fusion. Since I already have Mustang wheels on the car, I thought, ...."what the hell", lets see how the stripes will look. There are dozens of sites that sell them with custom lettering. I went with Stripeman.com; ordered them on a Thursday, received them on the following Monday. Customer service was great with them.
I considered going with a black stripe to match the door pillars, but I decided to try to match the wheels instead. I have the Anthracite Bullitt wheels, and they had a color that matched them pretty well. Let me say that I like a clean look, and normally don't go for graphics of any kind. I'm sure many of you have seen the stuff the car graphic sites sell, and some of it is rather hideous and absurd. I wanted something subtle, and in the Ford family. I think these fit the bill. I've done plenty of model car decals, but this was the first time I've ever put decals or graphics on a "real" car. Still unsure if I will leave them on, as I was fine with the car before.

All opinions are welcome, positive or negative. I still wonder if matte black, gloss black, or nothing, would look better.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I normally don't like decals on cars, but I think this looks great! It's not too big, matches the wheels, and I just feel it adds a nice touch.

·
Registered
483 Posts
[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=199086.msg4119084#msg4119084 date=1316935622]
Hmm, I actually REALLY like that. Except now I think the back needs to be debadged. Will give it a nice clean finish.
[/quote]

Yes I would look better and with black tail light housing the would be perfect ! :wink:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yep, I like... Not a fan of graphics at ALL, but this works. Great choice in color as well, wouldn't change a thing about it. I do agree with the de badging..

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts
Hi Barchetta. :wavey: They look good, color choice and all. :cheers:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Same as above... I expected to hate it, but that looks pretty nice there.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
looks good but he didnt match the fusion font :hornets: and it needs a tip and tail for the front/rear bumpers personally. we have too much front end and bumper in the rear unlike the mustang. just my :2cents: and you did a good install!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
NICE!!! Me Likey. Not for my car though, Jus on yours.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the responses and kind words. I'd reply to each, but that'd be like too much work. :)
I'll try to catch up on most of the replies though. Thanks again.

On the stripe color, I was looking for subtle.....I'm a little colorblind, so once I decided to match the wheels I dragged the kids outside and had them pick from the samples the best match for the wheels...so thanks to them for the choice, and Stripeman.com for having it. :smokin:

As far as debadging....it's never been a thing for me to do unless the emblems are large....The Fuze's are small enough where it doesn't burn me to remove them. I have considered it from time to time. And I might be the only one on here who doesn't mind the tail lights. I think when the chrome is removed, they tend to look too plain....like Accord tail lights from a couple of years ago. I'd rather not look like an Accord. I wouldn't mind a very light tint/darkened chrome on them though.

The font....yes bf06, the font....I noticed that right away when I pulled them from the box. Thing is, on their website, they didn't show an actual lettered decal....just a 2D stencil mock up with the word custom. The mock up was pretty close to what the Fusion font is on the back of the car, so I thought it would be fine. They did specify that they don't take returns on custom orders, and since I didn't inquire about the font in the first place....I let it go. It seems to be modeled after some Mustang fonts. It's growing on me. I do appreciate the :2cents: though, especially since we're on the same page with it. I may contact them to see if they have different fonts.

I also thought about getting the 'extended version' which was an extra 3 feet or so, each side (and extra $$) to extend the stripe to the rear quarter and the front fender; but I wasn't sure it would look right. The 'crease' that goes along the lower sides of the car is what I used as a guide to keep it straight. It looks like that crease kicks upward in the back, and I would have to follow it for it to look continuous. Just not sure if that would look right, but not beyond the realm of possibility to get some extensions to see. Maybe another 16" in the back, and no more than 6-7" in the front might look ok. Not sure how to end the stripe in that extended version though...straight down, angle it, or round it a little...? I think we may have a go at that. We'll see.

Thanks again for all the input! I appreciate it. Any more is certainly welcome.

·
Banned
379 Posts
I have to say its my favorite looking 1st gen bar none, stance is perfect, rims and brakes look killer and the decals topped it off. I could only see a slight smoke to the rear lights and maybe body colored fog bezels but thats my taste speaking and its your frankly superb car. +1 congrats and I envy your car lol. I was also thinking of doing something similar but more GT40 look

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Wow, that looks great! I may consider doing this in black. :) It looks good to me because it is not up high and too noticable.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[quote author=Mercury_66Comet_07Milan link=topic=199086.msg4120331#msg4120331 date=1317131545]
John DON'T extend those!!! They look great like that. I hate decals but this is the shizz. There is no where to dead end the stripes on the front or rear of a Fusion so leave it!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I've been wrestling with....if I were to extend it, how to end it. (Yeah, I did rhyme that on purpose). :roll: Anyways, I think it might look 'unfinished' to have it just stop.
I did a very crude photoshop (actually an IrfanView clone tool) to see what they would look like extended, and as I thought, following the crease at the rear 'kicks' the stripe up at a different angle too much; not following the crease makes it look like someone just slapped it on. So I'll probably leave it be.

Thanks, RS.
Man, I really love those Ford GT's..... :drool:

And Cease, I think in black they'd look great on your car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts