FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do dealers lie in their multipoint inspections?

my tires look like shit and actually wore down to the treadwear marks but the multipoint inpsection says they are green

also, my front rotors are scored badly but the brake inspection is green

2 different dealers all gave the same result

·
Registered
148 Posts
from my understanding they have no reason to lie to u, be it warranty or your wallet if they do work the dealer gets paid, you or ford writes them a check. so it makes no sense for them to lie

·
Registered
198 Posts
Because multi-point inspections work like this at some dealers:

Give us your money and we will do nothing but check off a list.

In other words, useless.

·
Registered
463 Posts
[quote author=Cueball link=topic=69234.msg1202142#msg1202142 date=1171290276]
Because multi-point inspections work like this at some dealers:

Give us your money and we will do nothing but check off a list.

In other words, useless.

[/quote]

Agreed, for the most part. MPI's are good, however, when you have a warranty claim and the dealer/Ford want to say you didn't do required maintenance. If you've done everything the owner's manual tells you to, as well as MPI's, at least they can't use that excuse against you when they won't fix your car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds like the techs were dumb, or lazy. Inspections are free, so they don't get any money until they sell you something.

·
Registered
53 Posts
sounds like a crappy tech. a muiltipoint inspection is not just something to add on to charge you more, it is a great time to sell parts and services. the dealership could have sold you a set of tires, and brakes, instead the lazy lube tech just checked stuff off...

·
Registered
148 Posts
so on my last visit i didnt get the multi point inspection sheet and like always they left that crappy paper floor mat in my car, i went to a diff dealer this time hoping for better service.... does all ford suck?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts