FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ford Fusion. I’m about to install my 4th fuel pump !! Nobody has an explanation . Any ideas ??

·
Super Moderator
5,749 Posts
I have a 2013 Ford Fusion. I’m about to install my 4th fuel pump !! Nobody has an explanation . Any ideas ??
Hi Bryan. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. What brand fuel pumps are you using as replacements? Other than defective/bad fuel pumps or bad fuel, I can think of one other possibility off the top of my head.

Not saying you do this, but need to ask: Do you routinely/often run your fuel tank down to empty or close to empty (less than say...1/8th of a tank)? Or do you sometimes play "How many miles can I drive after the fuel minder says I have zero miles to empty"? If you do, that can be at least part of the problem. The fuel pump uses the fuel in the tank to cool the pump. If you are routinely running your tank very low, it will shorten the life of the fuel pump.

Again, not saying you do this. Not even saying it is the cause, since there is no way to diagnose this over the Internet. Just making the information available.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bryan. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. What brand fuel pumps are you using as replacements? Other than defective/bad fuel pumps or bad fuel, I can think of one other possibility off the top of my head.

Not saying you do this, but need to ask: Do you routinely/often run your fuel tank down to empty or close to empty (less than say...1/8th of a tank)? Or do you sometimes play "How many miles can I drive after the fuel minder says I have zero miles to empty"? If you do, that can be at least part of the problem. The fuel pump uses the fuel in the tank to cool the pump. If you are routinely running your tank very low, it will shorten the life of the fuel pump.

Again, not saying you do this. Not even saying it is the cause, since there is no way to diagnose this over the Internet. Just making the information available.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
It’s my sons car so I have a feeling it runs on the low side quite frequently!
one issue I’ve discovered is when the key is turned on , I’m only getting 10.37V at the fuel pump. Battery voltage is 12.6 . Relays have been swapped as well . I know lower than spec voltage will burn out components over time . Just need to know if that voltage is normal ..

·
Super Moderator
5,749 Posts
It’s my sons car so I have a feeling it runs on the low side quite frequently!
one issue I’ve discovered is when the key is turned on , I’m only getting 10.37V at the fuel pump. Battery voltage is 12.6 . Relays have been swapped as well . I know lower than spec voltage will burn out components over time . Just need to know if that voltage is normal ..
Hi Bryan. Unfortunately, participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has dropped quite a bit in the last couple of years, as you can see by the scarcity of recent posts and replies.

You may have better luck getting an answer over on the Ford Fusion Forum located here: Ford Fusion Forum

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts