FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was wandering if any of you have heard about these MTEC H11 super white bulbs?
I ordered a pair on the e-bay, but I was wandering if anyone had heard anything.
good?
Bad? :?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update for anyone that is interested...

These lights are pretty decent quality and they look fantastic with a little hint of blue. Light output is however diferent story.

Light on the road is actually blue-ish and almost dimmed. If anyone is looking for a great looking light this is a great choice. If you on the other side are looking for more light output, forget about anything else other than silverstars if they are ever produced in H11...

I think that I will consider H9 bulb instead since it has almost twice the light output.

Anyone interested in buying my MTEC-s?

Let me know... $10 and they are yours...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have Mtec's in my headlight and fog's, and I am with you. They look nice, but I do not think that they are any brighter. I didn't buy then TO BE brighter, as we all know they arent. What's this with the H9?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
H9 is usualy used for high beam applications. its base is almost identicat to that of H11 but light but light (luminus) output os almost double. I was talking to sterns lighting and he also mentioned on his site that these two are easily interchangable. The only thing is that H9 is 65 Watt. That however shouldnt be a problem since (ithink) our high beam is running at 65W.

I am still doing some reading but that may be the way...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too have been thinking about the H9 bulb,, but after reading up at rallylights.com i see the life is only 250 hours for the H9 and the H11 is 2000 ,, this could be a pain ,, especially having daytime driving lights,, 250 hours would go by quickly.

ken

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I havent really thought about that... :?

I just priced some of them out there and figured that they are still just too expensive. Local GM dealers are asking $30 cdn per piece!!
I think I may just stick around with OEM. I am thinking of getting some fogs though just to amplify light output.

Anyone wants my MTEC-s?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i've got mtecs in my zx2 and they're great! I have a 9007 series light bulb with 80/100 wattage. After learning the hard way to upgrade my wire harness after melting my connectors they burn really bright now that they're getting more wattage. They're a little dimmer than an hid. I used to get flooded out by hid's next to my car but now I barely notice them next to me. I've also had the bulbs for two years now and haven't had a single problem with them burning out.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET THE PROPER WATTAGE OR UPGRADE THE WIRING!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

I need a little help. I'm planning two buy 1 kit or maybe 2 kit of HID 35W for a Ford Fusion 2006 V6 SEL.
Which will be the best kit out there for the car with the best light output (lumen's). I hear that there is a need for a
module to take out the error message that will provoke the use of the HID set. Is it true? If yes
Which kit will provide the module or have any way to take the message out and work like the normal halogen
bulb in the car. And what about retrofit to the headlight, who can do a retrofit to the headlight? Is it completely
necessary a retrofit, a saw a few pics (http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=50252.0 ,
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=56995.0 , ) and the light output look nice and well balance.

Please can anyone help me. I didn't found a forum subject here about the best HID kit for a Ford Fusion V6 SEL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts