FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
dat's hot...... what did the paint cost you.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics, but are the scoops functional?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris06,
Install was very smooth...all factory components exchanged with no issues. The only 'tweak' was to slightly enlarge (1/4" to 3/8") 2 of the 4 holes on the factory hood bracket. Hood came with pre-routed washer hoses that are hidden in the hood making all hardware transition as simple as possible.

Watufaka,
Total cost on the paint for me was $150.00. With that said I personally know the body shop foreman and painter otherwise you are closer to $300.00 with the flat black accents in the intake pockets.

koreySE,
Openings do go all the way through the hood allowing outside air to enter the engine compartment. Functional as far as forcing air to the filter? No..there is no intake or custom plenum box.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=82985.msg1553490#msg1553490 date=1184277126]
Dude, very clean, I love it. I like the Edge wheels on there also!
[/quote]

Thanks Jaysen, I know it's not for everyone...but I like it.

FYI, MRT was excellent to deal with!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi fusedup...looks GREAT! Glad to see MRT finally got it on the market...and...more importantly...a FFC Forum Fusion upgrading to it. Nice enhancement!!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Looks great. I can say a hood scoop on a Fusion looks bad :exnbp:, but the MRT hood looks clean and sporty for a Fusion. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Ceace...I can definately attest to the 'a hood scoop on a Fusion looks bad' first hand as I generated the 'HOOD SCOOPS...ANYONE!?' thread back in Feb. 'Inlets' are obviously more aesthetically pleasing on a Fusion...smooth surface...no bumps, bulges or bulbus appendigez. The MRT is the first off the shelf iteration of this style and appears to be well recieved so far...maybe a 'NACA INLET' style twin ducted hood will surface at some point in time...or something completely different yet pleasing to the eye. Anyway...I am glad this aspect of 'Ext. Mods' for our Fusions has be addressed with positive results.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
SG, the list of your mods include more words than the words in this thread!! :lol: I am a big fan of your Fusion. You put a big investment in it, and I am sure you will not be getting rid of it no time soon. :)

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=82985.msg1557060#msg1557060 date=1184427969]
Hood looks good. I would only have done 1 thing diff and that is putting stripes on the hood from the ported area back to the back of the hood were it ends at the windshield. Since that area is lower i think it would look good accented. Just my opinion and looks great either way.
[/quote]

Hard to tell from the pic, but that area is actually about 1/4" higher than the rest of the hood...Usually a car is striped all the way from hood to trunk although sometimes I have seen just the hood striped. Either way I think it would be too much on a Fusion. BTW, thanks for you gauge install write-up!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=fusedup link=topic=82985.msg1557830#msg1557830 date=1184456759]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=82985.msg1557060#msg1557060 date=1184427969]
Hood looks good. I would only have done 1 thing diff and that is putting stripes on the hood from the ported area back to the back of the hood were it ends at the windshield. Since that area is lower i think it would look good accented. Just my opinion and looks great either way.
[/quote]

Hard to tell from the pic, but that area is actually about 1/4" higher than the rest of the hood...Usually a car is striped all the way from hood to trunk although sometimes I have seen just the hood striped. Either way I think it would be too much on a Fusion. BTW, thanks for you gauge install write-up!
[/quote]

Wow i was thinking it was about 1/4 drop in the hood but so had to tell in a pic. Looks good no matter what. No prop about the write up happy to do it. hope to see some other install gauges of there own. Would like to see some diff install locations to see what looks to best.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Cease...THANK YOU very much...thats quite the compliment!!! Appreciate the support!! This is definately a keeper...and I am by no means finished with 'enhancements'....stay tuned...will post any & all. Thanx again!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts