FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright it doesn't seem to effect all of my mp3 discs (burned off my home pc to blank cdrs) but at least some of them. Some work some don't. I get weird noise mixed in with the music. Any ideas?

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can't have any *.wma, *.mp4 or variable bitrate *.mp3 files. I believe the bitrate has to be from 64Kbps~384Kbps.

I also believe the music can't be more than 1 folder deep

·
Registered
359 Posts
ditto everything except the folder... i have some mp3 cds that go Artist Name > Disc Name > Song Name (two folders deep: artist and disc)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[quote author=sternyy link=topic=69891.msg1216868#msg1216868 date=1171911002]
ditto everything except the folder... i have some mp3 cds that go Artist Name > Disc Name > Song Name (two folders deep: artist and disc)
[/quote]

As do I. That shouldn't be a problem

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry I only had music in 1 folder. Don't need anymore. I was just stating what worked for me :)

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
The music can be as many folders deep as you want it to be. As for burning your CDs, I always have the best luck burning them at a speed slower than the max. So if the CD will burn at 40x, burn it at 32x. Also, name-brand CDs do make a difference over your generic brands when it comes to reliability and it's ability to be read properly.

EDIT: I've had more than 255 folders on 1 CD (by mistake) and it still functioned properly.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Incorrect. The CD cannot have more than 255 folders deep, with a max of 255 songs in each.

·
Registered
57 Posts
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=69891.msg1216811#msg1216811 date=1171909639]
You can't have any *.wma, *.mp4 or variable bitrate *.mp3 files. I believe the bitrate has to be from 64Kbps~384Kbps.[/quote]Can anyone else verify the variable rate issue (or is there doc somewhere I missed)? I've made a couple of MP3 CDs for my car, and while the songs play fine once started, there are momentary "screeches" (that's the best way to describe them) between songs much of the time, but not always, and sometimes going from song A to song B will result in a screech, and sometimes it won't. My MP3s are VBR up to 192 (LAME's "--alt-preset standard" for those in the know).

Please tell me I'm not going to have to either re-rip or re-encode to CBR for this thing?

Brad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts