FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd out of 4, with the Accord ahead of it and the Camry and Sonata behind. Loved the performance and exterior, seemed to hate the interior. I was just reading it quickly in the doctors office, though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If Ford would just remove their logo and put a big "H" on the front, the car magazines would all love it and call it the perfect car. In their Car of the Year review, Motor Trend called the engine "thrashy" and the interior shoddy, yet in an online review that I read the other day, they said they always loved the engine in the Mazda 6, and said the interior fit and finish was on a level equal with Honda. What inconsistnency!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Tell you the truth the Toyotas, Honda's, BMW's, Chevy, Chrysler, Mustangs, Nissan's, and Hyundai's have not impressed me one bit. They are not classy but dull looking with the name selling them. They keep on bringing the same models back with a few trim and lines to say it is a new model. A few of my colleages at work bought new vehicles  for 2006 (Honda Accord, Nissan Maxima, Hyundai Sonata, and Toyota Camry) all are nice in their own way but are not as classy as the Fusion, Milan, and Zephyr. The people at Motor Trend are smoking crack cocaine when it comes to rating vehicles. Ford and family built a model which is classy, simple, luxurious, and powerful. The interior is luxury and archaic. The exterior is swift and luxurious (cross with the Cadillac, Chrysler 300, and Mercedes). Engine is powerful and responds lightning quick when needed. My co-workers still cannot believe that my 2006 Ford Fusion SEL V6 3.0L is an actual Ford and North American product. They think it is a German brand vehicle. I think Ford outdid themselfs with these vehicles and should finally get recognition after all this time on their sedans. All I can say is Ford/ Lincold/Mercury is keep-up the outstanding desing and drivetrain and we will continue to purchase from you guys for along time.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think FoMoCo finnally got something right in a the passenger vehicle market since the Focus in 2000.

The only thing I don't like about the new line is they still cut a few corners with quality and features. I guess this is to be expected at a low price...

If just hope with this model, that they follow Toyota and Honda and update/refresh the model every few years. It is rather sad when you run the basic vehicle for several years with no changes. Tarus, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, and so on. Unfortunately, it seems that they are only willing to invest into the Explorer and F-Series, which are their cash cow, but still.

Maybe this will be a change in the right direction. I am a very happy customer so far.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually a quote from the article was (paraphrasing, since I don't have the article): "Ford has a great car on its hands, but the question is whether it will continue to update it reguarly. The Accord did not get great overnight"

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm not sure I'd lump in a BMW with the Fusion. If you're talking about the older ones (2 generations ago), then yes, they're similar in driving characteristics. I was inbetween a new 330ci and the Fusion, but it didn't warrant spending $15k more. It just came down to this is my daily driver and I didn't need a BMW for that. The last gen 3 series is far superior to the Fusion and all those cars mentioned in every way. The new 3 series is a good car, but doesn't feel as much of a drivers car as the last one. My next car will be a BMW just for the treatment you get at the dealerships. What I've been through with the Ford dealerships with all my cars is unexcusable.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Comparing hte driving characteristics of a 60/40 FWD $20k mid-sized sedan to a 50/50 RWD $40k small sedan is a bit odd ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I agree with Showtime in some ways.

BMW, Cadillac has always been on my list as Mercedes also. But I just cannot comprehend spending $35K+ for a vehicle like that. I was stuck between the Fusion and the Chrysler 300, but the Ford was nicer and I got a better package (leather seats, 6yrs bumper-bumper, 8 speaker, fuel economizer, V6, and 17-inch rims); Obcourse I bought the Fusion. I totally agree with Showtime, it is unexcusable the treatment he is getting. What Showtime got was a lemon. Lemons are bound to come out, I say all brands have them, the odds are probably 1:1500.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not a surprising review coming from Motor Trend, who absolutely hate most anything with a blue oval on it. I was shocked that MT's "first drive" of the Fusion was so spot on. My sister has a Camry and we compared interiors. The materials used for both cars are very similar, and I'm constantly surprised that anyone would be able to trash one and praise the other, since Ford obviously patterned so much after the Camry, yet I've heard exactly that a number of times.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I personally do not think cadillac is up to par with the beemers and mercedes, it seems more at lincolns standards as far as I'm concerned GM doesn't have anything at that level. Ford does though with the jaguar.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My co-worker is test driving a 06' Jaguar (Lease). The Jag is cool and great name, but from what I seen the body needs some work, maybe sleeker lines or better body desing, needs a sportier look; the interior is outstanding and the engine is superb though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was reading in the front of a motortrend mag and it said that Ford is already for 07 with the Fusion GT. What ever that is ???????. I can only assume that its the 3.5 liter motor thats going in the Zepher now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
the interior is just fine, I love the layouts of everything, it is simple and not too crammed,
why is it archaic because it don't have an playstation sticking out of it?. The car is fine, it's not a BMW
or a Mercedes, it's a mid priced family (not luxury) sedan. you want luxury buy the Lincoln.

and yeah the Fusion will be recieving the 3.5L V6 as an option, I read that from Ford somewhere.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts