FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase some Montegi wheels that are Size 18x7.5, Offset +45, and Bolt Pattern 5x4.5. I read the forum and the Offset from the factory is: +44. I am new to wheels, does the offset of one point matter that much??? Can I buy these and mount them on with a premium tire and have no problems. Also if I get new wheels and tires do I have to get an allingment afterwards? Please help, I do not know how much longer I can hold this guy from selling them. Thanks. :huh :?:

·
Registered
619 Posts
The offset number is actually millimeters, so these wheels will sit 1mm further towards the center of the car, not a big deal. Go with a 225/45-18 tire and you shouldn't have any fit problems.

No alignment is needed when changing among different wheels.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding Waldo. :goodjob:

I am looking at tires now and I find that it is hard to find 225/45-18. There are alot of 225/40-18. Are the 225/40-18 too wide for the vehicle. Will I have trouble turning, rubbing, U-turns??? My Fusion has been dropped using Eibachs (1.5") and has Ford Fusion splash guards installed. Thanks. :?

·
Registered
619 Posts
The 225/40-18 is actually smaller, so you won't have any problems with clearance, but it's very tough to find one with enough load capacity for the Fusion. The sidewall is also pretty small, so keeping them from getting wrecked on a pothole would be a big concern.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Waldo. You are great. :goodjob:

I went ahead and decided with the 225/45ZR18 Blackwall ZR Speed Rated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts