FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the most current TSB code for this procedure- TSB 06-21-11. This is straight off my service receipt of the PCM reprogram. This is with a calibration of 1587 whatever that means, probably for the equipment or something. This will make your car run like it's on steroids while feeling none of the side effects. It truly transforms the V6 into something it wasn't before, and that was pretty good even before the reflash. Take this number to your nearest ford garage and tell them you have these symptoms and they will do this. This is if it was built before Sept of '06. Not sure on exact date, think it's the 4th or something.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I just got mine done about a week ago, so I doubt they will do it again with this new one. Maybe I can swing it in a few weeks or something.

·
Registered
331 Posts
swoop1156

TSB# 06-21-11 was released on October 11, 2006 and the only change from TSB# 06-18-7 is "to add a production fix date" so you do have the latest program.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ok, I'm late on this whole topic as usual...
"tell them you have these symptoms".... what symptoms do I tell them about to get my PCM (what does PCM stand for?) "reflushed"?
And I bought my fusion on January 2nd of 06' so it should apply to me?

another Q: is this the same code being affected as the one BamaChips messes with?

Having my V6 on steroids.. sounds like fun... :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why is it so easy for your guys to get the pcm update and im having trouble convincing them that my car has high rpm idle at start up, they say it dont show any codes and it last 5 minutes for the idle to go down in the mornings. it starts at 1,900 and it goes down to 1,500 and in five minutes it goes to 1000.

·
Registered
331 Posts
TheRussian: "PCM" stands for Powertrain Control Module and its a reflash. Just use the symptoms in the TSB. Its in the TSB/Recall section. It won't give you any more power but it changes the way the transmission shifts and better throttle response. So it does feel like more power I guess.

douglas307: I did my own Reflash. All dealerships are different so you might need to really nag them maybe ask to talk to the manager or if possible try another dealership.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Douglas307;

I went to my dealer WITH the TSB paperwork printed out. I said that I was having most of the issues that it addressed, and that I would like it worked on. They didn't hesitate for a moment [and they are NOT a "cool" dealer]. They took my car, the paperwork and called me later saying the tech verified the issues and it would be reflashed and worked on.

They did their thing, I don't think it should be up to the customer to "convince" the dealer, or the service advisor about any paticular issue. YOU, as the owner of the car, say that the CAR has a problem and no matter what, the DEALER needs to look at it. Now, whether you get a rental or not covered under the warranty is another concern.

Also, about the high idle at start, that's "normal" as to the old PCM program, so of course it won't throw any codes. They are stupid if they think normal activity is going to throw codes.

I do, hope that you get it flashed. It's definately a different animal...

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=61743.msg1057062#msg1057062 date=1162996773]
I went to my dealer WITH the TSB paperwork printed out.
[/quote]

Swoop, would you be so kind and give me the link to what exactly you printed and brought to the dealer?
I can't seem to find any TSB/recall section that would show me anything, thanks a lot!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=61743.msg1057649#msg1057649 date=1163013995]
[quote author=swoop1156 link=topic=61743.msg1057062#msg1057062 date=1162996773]
I went to my dealer WITH the TSB paperwork printed out.
[/quote]

Swoop, would you be so kind and give me the link to what exactly you printed and brought to the dealer?
I can't seem to find any TSB/recall section that would show me anything, thanks a lot!
[/quote]

Just to let you know if you click the link at the main screen that says (Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan / Lincoln Zephyr & MKZ
General discussion for topics that don't fit another category.
Child Boards: TSB / SSB / Recall Information) Look at the top of that after you click to enter that section
Here is the link.....
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?board=1019.0

·
Registered
176 Posts
I guess I could do the same, Swoop1156, but the thing is that theres no TSB for the high idle and throttle lag on the 4 cylinder. I guess I have to wait until they come out with a TSB for my 4 banger with this symtoms.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just had mine done.  First it was with version 45.1, then we found out that the latest was v46.  I had to help a little, Ford's software plain sucks.  A couple of hours later (!) it was all done.

Holy cow!

:D

EDIT: Check engine light stays off!

·
Registered
87 Posts
had mine done today, the dealer called me half way through it and said they were getting check engine lights and having issues, I told them to keep up with it and load in the tcs and cruise control data and the check engine liight would go away. They did that and it worked.

I have to say the car does run better, it's not a huge difference to me like some people have described on here, but more throttle response, and crisper faster shifts - up and down. Feels like it might be running a bit more timing advance, or perhaps that is just the sensation I get from it if they recalibrated the electronic throttle for better response. I like it so far. The shifts seem a bit more noticeable now, not as soft as before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah i had mine done over the last two day while they were fixing the sunroof they screwed up.
We had to load the software 4 times and we even down loaded new software from Ford.
We kept getting check engine lights and then a traction control light, Sowe reloaded it again loading axle ratio, tires size,fwd,tcs and that worked.
No shit it is totally a different car the shift sequence is so much nicer. I think i could now give my other car a run for its money.(stage II wrx sti 06).
Throttle is mor responsive. I will let you know how my mpg works out. But it might be a little different as i have removed the middle cat and have a Magnaflow.
Safe driving. 8)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well from personal experience I can tell you that the complexity of vehicles today has surpassed most seasoned technicians. What is worse is that good technicians are a dying breed. Not many kids want to work on cars when they grow up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=61743.msg1062387#msg1062387 date=1163225629]
Well from personal experience I can tell you that the complexity of vehicles today has surpassed most seasoned technicians. What is worse is that good technicians are a dying breed. Not many kids want to work on cars when they grow up.
[/quote]

I'm just glad they let me be there and help with the 'puter stuff.' It was worth every moment of my time. 8) I learned alot myself.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Where is the rpm idle has to be, to be consider a not normal idle? When I start my car in the mornings it starts at 1700 than after 2 minutes goes down to 1000. Than when i put it on Drive it goes down to 600-650. I dont think thats normal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=61743.msg1062620#msg1062620 date=1163265614]
Where is the rpm idle has to be, to be consider a low idle?
[/quote]

For my particular V6,

Before flash: 1500-1700 rpm for 60 seconds, then dropping rapidly to ~900 rpm
After flash: 1300 rpm for 15 seconds, then slowly settling to ~900 rpm. After warming up it's ~750 rpm

So, normal (or 'low') idle after warmup for me is ~750 rpm. The new PCM/TCM firmware has been perfect for me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So 750 is normal, mines drop to 600-650, when is warmed up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My first day with the car since getting the reflash, I'm wondering if Ford played around with increased timing on the reflash, reason I think they may have is that my fuel economy seemed alot better today for some reason. The engine is more responsive (which I attributed to electronic throttle control tuning), but now that I see improved fuel economy that leads me to think they increased the ignition timing, which often leads to increased power as well. Anyone else experience this ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.