FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 SE. I installed the H11 Elite System with the relay harness. 55W bulbs/ballasts. When I turn them on with the car OFF, they work fine. When I start the car, the relay starts buzzing and the bulbs won't stay on. If I turn them off, and then on, they come on and off and won't stay on. I tried swapping the ballasts around and there is no change. I don't understand why they work fine with the car off, but they won't work with the car started. Anyone have any guidance?

Thanks!

· Administrator
6,178 Posts
2019 SE. I installed the H11 Elite System with the relay harness. 55W bulbs/ballasts. When I turn them on with the car OFF, they work fine. When I start the car, the relay starts buzzing and the bulbs won't stay on. If I turn them off, and then on, they come on and off and won't stay on. I tried swapping the ballasts around and there is no change. I don't understand why they work fine with the car off, but they won't work with the car started. Anyone have any guidance?

Thanks!
Hi Shumax and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. Same advice as over on the other forum. Sorry for the copy and paste...lol:
In addition to being illegal for on-road use (even the websites for these companies state so, but that is another story...lol), the usual issue is these aftermarket kits are oftentimes not compatible with the electronics in vehicles which did not come with that bulb system from the factory. A workaround which seems to sometimes be successful for some owners, is to install a resistor in the line. But another member with that experience would need to jump on to tell you what type and where.

Just my personal opinion here, for what it is worth: Having seen too many instances of these aftermarket systems frying the electronics/electrical systems of our vehicles or simply causing never ending headaches, I would recommend removing the aftermarket system, and reinstalling the factory spec bulbs.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts