·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Those are pretty slick looking - I think Abbot has them on his Milan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking of getting them, rims and tires... taking tires off and selling them and getting some 50 series 18" tires.. think that would fill in wells good, but not too much... i had steeda springs but just didnt want to do the stuff, did it all with my contour and just not worth it.. figured a larger set of rims and tires would look good on my fusion... i dunno, i am a goof when it comes to rims and tires for my cars, my contour had like 6 different sets in its 7 years lol... i just want to fill out the wells with some nice looking rims.. i want at least machined finish... i was also thinking of the 18" chrome clad rims from edge..

·
Registered
74 Posts
The hub centric is larger on Milan, 67.1 Montego is 63.5
Machine shop can bore them if you don't want to buy adapters.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The tires would be about 2" too tall. That's a lot on a car. I agree with smallbigtall --just look for Milan wheels instead. You then do not have to worry about the center bore.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also thinking about the 18" Edge rims, there are some silver painted ones and the Chrome cladders... anyone have info on those on how they would fit on car? Also what size tires should i get? was thinking some 235 -50 -18?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone know of a site that will give you the height of a set of tires???

like stock SEL 17" 225-50-17 --- how tall?
i have now a set of rims i will be selling, they are 17" with 225-45-17 tires and they look small on the car...

if i get 18" rims, i want to get a set of tires that will at least be same height as stock tires... i know 40 series 18" tires look goofy on a unlowered car... i dont want to lower my car, just dont want to mess with stock parts like that on this car... so i want to get some 18" rims and tires that will be same or maybe a tad bit taller than stock 17"s i know this may sound goofy, but just asking because 225\235 50 18" tires are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ i notice their are alot more 45 series for less, but dont want to make my car have the wheel gap like it does now.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Mgallun link=topic=89595.msg1729942#msg1729942 date=1190403042]
anyone know of a site that will give you the height of a set of tires???

[/quote]

I'm sure there's an online calculator for that, but here's the general equation:

Rim diameter + sidewall height. To roughly figure out the sidewall length, multiply the width (235, 245mm, etc.) x the aspect ratio (the 30, 40, etc. figure.). The aspect ratio is a percentage, so if you have a 234/40/17 tire, you have 17" of rim, then 235mm x .4 for the sidewall height. Convert to inches and then add them together :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool, i just did a search lol... 225-50-17 is stock size... 225-45-18 is almost a exact match.. 235-45-18 a tad bit more.. the 55s would be way too big, over 2 inchs large..

the 45 series tires i got now are too small by 3% so know i know what to look for.

what do you guys think of the edge rims? i saw somebody with a pair on his car, looked kinda good..

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=Mgallun link=topic=89595.msg1729851#msg1729851 date=1190401080]
also thinking about the 18" Edge rims, there are some silver painted ones and the Chrome cladders... anyone have info on those on how they would fit on car? Also what size tires should i get? was thinking some 235 -50 -18?
[/quote]

Here's some info on the 18" Edge wheels installed here with pics ....

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=86789.0

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so those rims bolt right up? look pretty nice.. curious on if the chrome cladders work like that.. i know a person here in my area who has the edge cladders for 500 bucks.. think they would fit ok?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=Mgallun link=topic=89595.msg1731499#msg1731499 date=1190476401]
so those rims bolt right up? look pretty nice.. curious on if the chrome cladders work like that.. i know a person here in my area who has the edge cladders for 500 bucks.. think they would fit ok?
[/quote]

Yes, offset (44mm) is the same as the 17" stock wheel offset. The chrome cladders are actually the same (18" Edge painted) wheel with a chrome 'wheel cover' permanently attached. The center bore on these wheels is approximately 2mm larger than the stock wheels. Center bore on the stocks are about 2 1/4" and the Edge wheels are about 2 1/2" so you won't be able to use your stock center caps. To stay within stock spec you will need to get a 225/45/18 tire size. Edge size tires on these wheels will not fit your Fusion.

Crystallas from www.fusiondrivers.com 'chopped' the photo below. You can get the 18" painted wheels for less and I think they look better than these...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so you can use the center caps that come with the wheels right? i got offsent, lug size down, but this center bore thing is confusing me. lol.. i got a white SEL too, i think them painted ones look hot, your not around WI are you? wouldnt want to duplicate the look lol.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=Mgallun link=topic=89595.msg1731555#msg1731555 date=1190479742]
so you can use the center caps that come with the wheels right? i got offsent, lug size down, but this center bore thing is confusing me. lol.. i got a white SEL too, i think them painted ones look hot, your not around WI are you? wouldnt want to duplicate the look lol.
[/quote]

Yes, I just mentioned the center caps because many of the rims I see for sale do not come with center caps, therefore you would have to purchase a set but they are not the same size as the stock Fusion wheels. You will also be able to use your factory lug nuts on the Edge wheels. The center bore on the Edge wheels will be fine as the bore is about 1/4" larger than stock. Some wheels the center bore size is smaller requiring a machine shop to enlarge the opening. I think there is a full set of painted 18" Edge wheels on E-bay right now for $375.00 for pick-up in MO. They are very easy to keep clean and have a clearcoat on them for the harsh WI. winters!
Here is a link to one of the best tire/wheel calculators that I have seen..
http://www.csgnetwork.com/tireinfo4calc.html

I have duplicated the look.. LOL! :D that's why the username Double Vision..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just visited ford dealer, they have some 08 fusions with them 18s on it, but they are like machined and darker paint.. they look pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
[quote author=Mgallun link=topic=89595.msg1733200#msg1733200 date=1190574531]
just visited ford dealer, they have some 08 fusions with them 18s on it, but they are like machined and darker paint.. they look pretty nice.
[/quote]

Yep, they do. Good luck finding those for under $500.00 :?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts