FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
I really want to buy these before winter sets in. I typically do not like the looks of splash guards, but I think these look nice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
anyone have pics of these installed - the original posted pics are not working from my viewing vantage... are the originals still viewable to others?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was just quoted 150 bucks for the 4 guards and painted to match my car. Call me crazy but I think Im going to do it

·
Registered
175 Posts
Very good investment in my opinion!! They help keep the car a little cleaner and I def noticed that I don't hear the little rocks hitting the side of the car when I turn.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Are the mud flaps that some of you are using being purchased by Ford/Mercury - meaning, is there an accessory catalog available from Ford/Mercury that has these parts, part # and pricing?

OR

Are the mud flaps that some have aftermarket parts - and purchased from where?

I want to get a set for my Milan, it will definitely help to curb the road debris along the lower portions of the vehicle, but I would want the molded parts that fit nicely to the fender well contours.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes, they are OEM Ford splash gaurds. I picked mine off of e-bay, I just did a search for Fusion mud flaps.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here's a picture of mine, these are the Ford universals, they are rugged, work well, attached without drilling any steel, but required cutting and shaping in the front, drilling, and longer (honda style) plastic rivets in the rear to hold them on.
They really do a good job of protecting my finish, I live on a dirt road, and my rockers are chip free!

John

·
Registered
172 Posts
There are no "big ones", front and rears are the same on the universals. The rears are mounted higher to utilize the existing fender liner "buttons". My concern isn't for what's behind the rear wheel opening, it's such a short distance, most of the grit is ejected behind the car, without touching paint on rear wheels. The rear flaps are positioned about 3/4" out from the body to catch any stray material that gets kicked from outside the well. The fronts really are key protectors on a front drive car.

John

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is there any online Ford source that has these molded mud flaps cheaper than local Ford Dealers? I've also looked on eBay for the same molded mud flaps for the Milan (they also say "Milan" on them) and I cannot find a set cheaper than $75+!

Tasca Ford had a set on eBay, but they wanted $64 for them, plus another $12+ to ship - so the price was really no better then ordering from a local Ford Dealer...

still searching...

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you have a sport or a fusion with the body kit, the new molded splash guards are in production and are supposed to be available in a few weeks. They come unpainted and here is the part number ae5z-16a-550-ba

1 - 19 of 19 Posts